My new USMC Shovel and Cover, 2nd pattern canteen and flat buckle Suspenders

ArchangelDM

Hey guys,

well i have taken note on the t shovel cover i once had on my mannequin, it was a brit made one. Well i thought i would push the boat out and get a USMC reinforced shovel, usmc cover, 2nd pattern canteen and to my amazement a flat buckle set of suspenders :thumbsup:

The 3 items were not cheap but im now nearly complete on my USMC early set up. Enjoy the Pics

Thanks for looking

post-8861-1320663654.jpg

post-8861-1320663691.jpg

post-8861-1320663704.jpg

post-8861-1320663714.jpg

Hey guys,

well i have taken note on the t shovel cover i once had on my mannequin, it was a brit made one. Well i thought i would push the boat out and get a USMC reinforced shovel, usmc cover, 2nd pattern canteen and to my amazement a flat buckle set of suspenders :thumbsup:

The 3 items were not cheap but im now nearly complete on my USMC early set up. Enjoy the Pics

Thanks for looking

post-8861-1320663743.jpg

Hello ArchangelDM. Sorry about poaching your post, but I think that you can help me with identifying M-1936 suspenders. Your comment about the set in your post having flat buckles seems to suggest that they are USMC. Are the flat buckles ID'd only to the USMC? Attached are pics of two sets that I have. One has flat buckles, with the metal end pieces on the adjustment straps rounded, while the other set has rounded buckles with squared end pieces. Thanks in advance for any info. Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1320701042.jpg

post-12790-1320701053.jpg

I think everything looks fine. I am not knowledgeable on the shovel cover though. The canteen cover is killer!

Justin

So I'm guessing you like the orange trim justin :thumbsup: