Custom Timberwolf Officer's Uniform

dogfacedsoldier

dogfacedsoldier

Hello,

I've had this uniform for a long time. I had a request from a friend to show it. Unidentified uniform of a 2nd Lt. of the 314th Inf. Regt., 104th Division. Some laundry marks inside, and this uniform is a cutdown Pinks and Greens jacket. A nice example of a custom cutdown, and is marked inside Regulation Officer's Uniform. Dated Dec. 1, 1942. This uniform came from the Northern Ky. area.

Jon

post-3832-1320259041.jpg post-3832-1320259135.jpg post-3832-1320259179.jpg

Looks like an officer's IKE jacket to me, as opposed to a cutdown 4 pocket. A cutdown 4 pocket would have exposed buttons on the pockets and down the front.

Nice jacket!

Kurt

That isn't a Cut Down Officers Jacket..

Its an Issued Officers Ike Jacket. :)

Its Still a really nice looking Officers Ike Jacket you have got there Very Nice addition to your Collection :thumbsup:

That isn't a Cut Down Officers Jacket..

Its an Issued Officers Ike Jacket. :)

Its Still a really nice looking Officers Ike Jacket you have got there Very Nice addition to your Collection :thumbsup:

No it's not Tomas...it's a re-tailored officers' 4-pocket coat! I've got several of these. The tailors use the fabric cut from the skirts to make new pocket flaps, front flys and waistbands etc. Just look at the seam around the middle, normally concealed by the belt.

No it's not Tomas...it's a re-tailored officers' 4-pocket coat! I've got several of these. The tailors use the fabric cut from the skirts to make new pocket flaps, front flys and waistbands etc. Just look at the seam around the middle, normally concealed by the belt.

I agree 100%...the seam around the middle is the dead giveaway.

Very nice uniform!!!

Dave

Ok Ian.. I see what you mean all right but how come it dosent have the Buttons attached to the top Two Pockets if

it is an Officers Cut Down Jacket like you say i do know there was Many Tailored Jackets that were Modified in England

as I have got in my Collection a Tailored E.M. Ike Jacket thats Identified to a Paratrooper of the 101st A.B Div.

but how come it dosent have the Buttons attached to the top Two Pockets if it is an Officers Cut Down Jacket like you say

Because the tailor was pretty good and used some of the lower skirt fabric to construct new pocket flaps for the jacket. Pretty easy, really.

Dave