I HATE MY NAME!!!

Wharfmaster

In basic , AIT and Vietnam had a friend named Krutzecamp. First formation in AIT at Aberdeen P.G. the Senior NCO was calling evetbody’s name, raised you hand and replied “ here Sgt”, he got to Kenny and said out loud, What the F#*k????, cant pronounce this, you’ re going to be C#*t Cap. Name kind of stuck with him but close friends just called him Kenny.

Nothing to do with a person in service, but I know of a woman who had the last name "Perfect"...Went on to marry a man with the last name "Friend"....People than thought she should go by the last name of "Perfect-Friend".....True story, Bodes

I served with a pair of officers named Major. At one time, they were both Captain Major until the husband was promoted to Major. Major Major and Capatin Major. That was hilarious.

I was an ROTC cadet with a kid named Annis, but he was always called Anus.

When I was working with the AIT companies as a Lt at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland, we had a Drill Sereant named Stone.. No big deal right? It wasn't until we noticed that one of his charges was a Private Stonebreaker. That dude got smoked all of the time!

Not military related- but I recall a photo of the bench at a football game with the players Dingle and Berry sitting next to each other. I was told by an alum of the university that they caught so much grief over that photo that they made a point of not sitting near each other ever again.

Allan[/quote

Goofed, sorry Allan.

Johnnie Dingle and Scooter Berry. Remember them well. LOL

post-20929-0-58031600-1548813731.jpg

Spanish War Service Medal #11998 went to Private Wally Dork, 21st US Infantry Perhaps the prototype of all the dorks who followed.

• 7 months later...

Poor Adolph & Reich probably got some grief from their fellow soldiers.

attachicon.gifAdolph Reich tags.jpg

-Ryan

Hey This reminds me the character in the 1942 Movie Wake Island, right, Corporal Goebbels, remember him, some of the men would shout out HEIL, or sometimes Sieg Heil when his back was turned or he'd be walking past :D.

MV5BN2EzYjRkODMtMmMwMC00YWZlLTkwYTMtOWRj

Here is one to add, came across this soldier when I was doing a search job for a member's topic in another forum in regards to an Officer, I spotted this one while searching for member's man, and grabbed it to post here.

Rank William A.

At the time of this listing, 1953, Rank was a 1st Lieutenant, 1st Lieutenant Rank :D.

post-34986-0-10925400-1568595410.png

I met an officer with the last name Cowherd recently...I can imagine OCS was rough for him and bet a paycheck they called him 'Coward'

None military related, but I have a few.

A classmate of mine was Rich Berning. No, he wasn't Rich by choice but default! He was a "the third" with his grandfather taking the middle name and his dad being Dick. I can still remember seeing it listed as "Berning, Dick" on the chaperones list for a trip.

There is a family named GROWCOX on a stretch of highway we drive down often. Can't decide whether it would be harder for a son or daughter in that family.

My sister has a pretty unisex name with her first name being a boy's nickname and the middle being both, though the spelling is more commonly a guys name. No big deal really until she's trying to renew her dog's license by mail and the clerk corrects it the full man's name and sends it back. Sis corrects and sends back. This goes on a couple times until she gets a notice that legal documents are not issued to diminutives. She corrects. Next, she gets a Contempt of Court citation. That does it. She finds a time that does not conflict with her classes or job and all 5'4" of her storms down there. She marches up to the counter, slaps down the stack of returned forms, the citation, the new form, check, and her driver's license. The clerk doesn't say a word. Just files the renewal and takes the other forms and citation and sets it to the side. Like dotting her i's with a heart and Barbie or Betty Boop or some such checks weren't clue enough.

I'm named for a great uncle, so my name started as a surname, was a man's name in 1913 when he was born, and is a very common/popular girl's name. Why, I have no clue. It means "one whose nose has been cut off". It was first documented as the surname of a crusader. Wanna guess what happened to him in the Holy Land?!

• 1 year later...

Hey I wonder if there were any Navy or Marine Officers last name Mister, if so they would be called Mister Mister when they were little Ensigns and Lieutenants emoticon laugh.png

Found two Army officers of the late 60s last name Mister, but they weren't Warrant Officers, if they were, they too would be called Mister Mister 1424602856_emoticonlaugh.png.5b11c2f2f2ef489dda6bc19b2d9710f8.png

• 1 year later...

A Leonard M. Officer for you, Korean War Combat Fatality,  a Pfc Grade at the time he was first WIA, then KIA in the Manchus, So then, Private first Class Officer.

OFFICER LEONARD M - RA17282152 - 1951/08/29 - CO - Routt - RTD - 9th Inf Regt-2nd Inf Div 
OFFICER LEONARD M - RA17282152 - 1951/10/10 - CO - Routt - KIA - 9th Inf Regt-2nd Inf Div

OFFICER LEONARD M ARMY PFC 19310000 UNKNOWN ROUTT 19511010

Regrettably no Photo of him is online, or even a Resting Place as his body was recovered on the battlefield and was not of the MIA Presumed Dead category

• 2 weeks later...
S.ChrisKelly

I was TDY to JTF Andrew, at Homestead  AFB, FL, September 1992 - October 1992, and the TALCE chief's name was LtCol John Commander. Wish I had a picture of him in his BDUs with that nametape and those USAF camo-blue fig leaves on his collar.

During my time with 437LGS, at Charleston AFB, SC, 1992 - 1994, we had an officer named Maj Cliff Miner.  Major Miner was a career supply officer.

S.ChrisKelly

British Special Constabulary Long Service Medal, either George V or George VI, officially impressed and awarded to "FRANK KIDNEY".

s-l400 (16).jpg

S.ChrisKelly
S.ChrisKelly

Begging everyone's pardon...  Unrelated as this may very well be, given several previous posts in the last seven pages... 

This seems to be all the rage these days...

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg