I HATE MY NAME!!!

Wharfmaster

lamarhooten

On a headstone in the military section at the Red Bluff CA cemetary... Dick Yu Chew. There is a whole Chew family area there!

lamarhooten

And... A coworker (just got a medical retirement from the PO) had the great name of Richard Weed. ALWAYS went by Dick! Named his son Dick Weed Jr.!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Too Much WW1 Militaria

All,

Just thought of another potential "funny" but thank God his wife was awake during birth. One of my squad leaders was named Joe Dix. Well, Joe was a bit of a character and problem child. Anyway, his wife delivers his firstborn a girl, and Joe says to the wife "Let's name her Fonda!" Well, the wife was cussing at him worse than any blue water sailor, and Joe quickly understood that this might not be a good move! LOL Daughter's name is Amy!

And, no, I don't miss the headaches, tremors, and crying jags I used to get, not one bit! LOL

John

I tell you if one more person asks me if I'm an MP, I might be doing some office hours B)

Worst was in Baghdad, when 1stMarDiv SgtMaj saw my nametag and decided it would be fun to show the Division General and made me wait for him...awkwardly...in an embassy...at the head...for 10 minutes or so

I tell you if one more person asks me if I'm an MP, I might be doing some office hours B)

Worst was in Baghdad, when 1stMarDiv SgtMaj saw my nametag and decided it would be fun to show the Division General and made me wait for him...awkwardly...in an embassy...at the head...for 10 minutes or so

Haha I bet that was quite a interesting experience! What did he say when he seen your nametag?

D

When I was going to Tech School at Keesler in 1968/69, there was a guy with a last name nobody though of then, but a few years later it would be interesting. His last name was RAMBO, I can't rember his first name. One of the other guys there that we stuffed his Hippy painted VW Bug with as many people we could get in to see Gone With the Wind at a drive-in was named WEEDO. This one is not military, but in the a guy was in the local news about his commune years ago the a bicycle group he lead with a Lone Ranger mask tatooed on his face. I saw him being walked down the street on all fours one afternoon wearing short leather pants with leather suspenders, shirtless and a dog collar and leash by a woman in a leather outfit. Shortly after the he changed his name to Storm Alligator and the last I heard about him was the cab company wanted to ban the pair from their cabs.

Haha I bet that was quite a interesting experience! What did he say when he seen your nametag?

D

He didn't seem to find it as interesting as the SgtMaj, he just kind of nodded and humored him

On a headstone in the military section at the Red Bluff CA cemetary... Dick Yu Chew. There is a whole Chew family area there!

Thats bad, i cant imagine how much jokes where made about that.

All,

Just thought of another potential "funny" but thank God his wife was awake during birth. One of my squad leaders was named Joe Dix. Well, Joe was a bit of a character and problem child. Anyway, his wife delivers his firstborn a girl, and Joe says to the wife "Let's name her Fonda!" Well, the wife was cussing at him worse than any blue water sailor, and Joe quickly understood that this might not be a good move! LOL Daughter's name is Amy!

:lol::lol:

Hello

Well, half of my name is a military rank, so when I was in the Military Police, almost all civilians said that my job was obvious.. because of my name. LOL

Thanks

laurent

In my experience I have know two officers with the last name Dick.

At West Point my Plebe Chemistry Professor was MAJ Dick. Never forget he started the first day of class with "I am aware of what my rank is, and what my last name is....moving on." Things got better for him I think when he made LTC the next semester.

While I was an HHC Commander my Medical PL was 2LT Dick.

Here is a Navy GCM to a sailor that unfortunately, shares the same name as the rest room aboard ship.

Win was a Gunner's Mate serving on the destroyer USS Maury on Dec. 7th, 1941. Maury was screening Carrier Enterprise after delivering Marine Squadron VMF-211 to Wake Island.

W

post-525-0-51196100-1417887618.jpg

mikes militaria

I have to do this, It's not a military story but too funny to leave out of this thread. I swear this is true, My ex wife's GYN, that delivered my son, was born to be a GYN, his parents foresaw that, His name is Dr. Harry Beaver GYN

• 2 years later...
KASTAUFFER

I recently had some POW mail to an Air Corps vet whose name was Harry Cobbledick.

Kurt

I bet he couldn't wait until he made Lt. Col.!

Yeah the whole array of grades up to that point right :lol:

Cadet Major Bell (when he was in ROTC)

2nd Lieutenant Major Bell

1st Lieutenant Major Bell

Captain Major Bell

My fathers name was Richard Nixon. We had to have an unlisted phone number in the 70's...

When my parents married in 1970, the ceremony was presided over by Father John Kennedy.

So, John Kennedy married Richard Nixon.

Top that!

My fathers name was Richard Nixon. We had to have an unlisted phone number in the 70's...

When my parents married in 1970, the ceremony was presided over by Father John Kennedy.

So, John Kennedy married Richard Nixon.

Top that!

I don't that can be bested, no yet at least :lol:

• 4 months later...

I have too say I've laughfed til I've cryed here. I thought I'd heard them all.......Heres a few more...

Sgt. Richard Hurtz

Col. Lingus

this thread has gone beyond the realm. LMAO

• 1 year later...