I HATE MY NAME!!!

Wharfmaster

I used to work with a guy at my former job and his name was Ritchard. Since he was a tech, he had the blue mechanics shirts with the name patch on the chest. Well all of his were Ritch. One day the uniform guy dropped all of them off and Ritch was gone. Since we all liked to prank each other, we got up the courage to take a washable marker and make the R into a B on all of his shirts. He made it 4 days until someone pointed it out and he was mad. Then we found out he was a former Marine Corps. Sniper. Needless to say we were very sorry for a long time.

Just ran across a newspaper article announcing the 1943 or 1944 wedding of an Army sergeant. Unfortunately for the bride, she would then be known as Mrs. Sackrider!

I have a Marine cap with the guys name in it, GLASSCOCK. Boy I bet he got harrassed in boot camp. I knew another guy named Harry Whiskers, and one of the best was a guy named Richard Skinner. I think he went by "Dick" :rolleyes:

I have a personal one.

My last name is Nigg. I still have my original stencil to stamp on my duffel bag and gear. It caused some strife in the service, and I was of course the butt of many jokes from all races.

First initial is R.

NIGG R

That is too good.......you have got to be making this one up! :D

I wish. In fact two men got into a fist fight during boot camp over my name when my name was yelled out while we were cleaning our barracks. Every time I'd transfer to a new duty station something happened. From jokes to people actuallly telling me my name was "messed up" and I needed to change it.

I wish. In fact two men got into a fist fight during boot camp over my name when my name was yelled out while we were cleaning our barracks. Every time I'd transfer to a new duty station something happened. From jokes to people actuallly telling me my name was "messed up" and I needed to change it.

What was your nickname in bootcamp?

What was your nickname in bootcamp?

Didn't have one in bootcamp. When I got to my first duty station they called me "Flipper". Then after I went overseas they started calling me "Nigg"..."R"...pronouncing my last name first initial in sequence so it sounded somewhat like the word it refers to. A guy from my first duty station came overseas and tried to get "Flipper" to stick again but with no luck. Then I was "Nigg" "R" for the rest of my enlistment.

when I was at Ft Lewis I we had a we had a guy named Dees. a lot of times if someone called him you would here other people yell back "nuts".

also and I don't know if this is true but I thought it was funny. a friend of mine that is in the navy told me a story about a seaman with the last name of Guzzler. never met him but I had a real good laugh when I herd it.

last one, a friend told me they had a guy named Drinkwater in basic. anyone that was even been in the army will get that one :rolleyes:.

Pietr Waychoff

I pronounced his last name Way-choff. His wife corrected me and said, "It's pronounced wack-off".

Had a Vietnamese boat kid live with us when I was in high school. Name Duy Cao Dang. Everyone called him Doo-eee. He'd get upset and say it's pronounced you-eee. I asked him to say his full name...you-eee cow dung. I explained to him it might be best if they just call him Doo-eee.

Somewhere on here I have posted a picture of a set of Navy Coveralls named to, JIHAD

I also have a Corpsman named Seaman must have been fun for her A school Hospitalman Seamen!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't prove this but I have to go on my buddy's word, who just got done with 5 years in the navy. He says he went through boot camp with a kid with the last name Guzzler..who became seaman Guzzler.

Just saw ben@HI's post which would make me believe that my buddy only heard this as a story. But I did go through basic training with an Arsenio Hall, who was the youngest of us at only 17.