My new war room, or how I spent the week-end!!!

rrobertscv

The orginal owner of my house enclosed a 2 car garage and at one end, he built a workroom. It was about the size of 2 walk-in closets. This week-end we took it down and are getting new carpet and a pool table for x-mas. My wife decided I needed a better place to put my collection, so she let me have the living room in the house, sheput everything up and arranged the room, while I worked on the other room. I think it turned out great and am very proud of it and of having such a loving and understanding spouse.

000_0001-1.jpg

000_0002-1.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0004-1.jpg

Last 2 photos. The walking stick in the last photo is not war related, it was my great-grandfathers, he was born in 1886 and died in 1970. When he was just 19, he was run over by a team of horses and a wagon and used a cane the rest of his life.

000_0009.jpg

000_0010.jpg

Great looking items and displays...made all the better by a spouse who understands and enjoys your hobby. Mine is the same! We're very lucky...again, great job with the room.

Robert,

uhhh la la! Kudos on the display and lovely wife. I like what you've done with the spread.

Looks like you need to add a medic to take care of the poor fella who's hand fell off.

nice display.

pmshindy

Wonderful display and in the living room no less! I too have a great wife who supports my collecting, she doesn't always understand it, but she does support it. After reading many of the posts throughout this forum, it appears that those of us with understanding spouses are in the minority.

Thats probably the most important part of collecting. An understanding wife. Mine has found a lot of stuff for me. I tend to go through antique malls too fast. She's alway dragging me back to look at things she has seen. She also helps with funds if I'm short. She also gives up space so I can display my items.

Yes, a wife like that is truly a gift. Mine is the same way and without her being as understanding I dont think I would enjoy this hobby anywhere near as much as I do.

Very nice indeed -looks like a museum! I would love to have all my stuff set up.

I'm at the point where I have to sneak it in, once it's in, though, she can't tell the difference from what was already there...