Haunted Helmets!

Theorywolf

Well, it is the scarey season, so the question: Do any of the helmet collectors have a helmet in your possession that you would consider to be haunted? I just saw a show on the tube about haunted artifacts and thought that if any artifacts should be haunted it would be ours? :think:

So, does any that you have give you a bad feeling? Heard voices in the room? Helmets moved from one place to another? I have not, though I have felt haunted by my collection and how all these ID'ed helmets seem to come to my door!

Share your haunted stories or photos!

Happy Halloween!

:w00t:

Mike

carbinephalen

Great topic!

I've been waiting for the spook threads to come out!

In my war room, I always make sure to keep the door closed when I leave for duty in the morning (I'm gone 24 hours and I don't want the cat or dog in there messing things up!)

Onetime I came home and TWO of my "boy's" (ID'd uniforms on display) photo displays were turned face down. Not just super spooky...but interesting! I like to think of them all hanging out, sneaking my beers into the room, and talking about women. Just the way soldiers do :thumbsup:

Now if you want something truly supernatural.......I'll PM you sometime about our haunted ambulance station! :blink::unsure:

I hope to heck my Japanese helmet with a shrapnel hole isn't haunted... I reckon the WWI Stahlhelm's owner would be cool with me though.

I read a book about the USS North Carolina being haunted. If I ever go back, I'll see if I can sneak a sixer of Pabst and a pack of Luckies on board. Friendly offering the the 6 or so men killed by a long lance torpedo.

hi about 4 or 5 years ago on ebay a ww1 german helmet was sent back twice. both buyers said that strange things would happen at there houses. the man selling it put it up for sale the last time with the fact it could be haunted . he added the commets of the frist buyers. thanks

I have a standing offer to my friends and extended family, if you don't believe in ghosts then come and stay at my house for two weeks. I guarantee you'll walk away a believer.

OK, I must confess. I use to have several German WW II helmets. One had a lot of blood and it was evident that the soldier had been shot in the face or neck. Anyway, one morning as I awoke, I clearly heard the words, Hail Hitler! I decided to sell them all and I have done so! No problems with my U.S. items to date!

Cheers,

Mike

I have in my collection a blood-soaked Japanese canteen from Saipan, a German M1940 helmet that has a shrapnel hole in one side and out the other, and peppered with shrapnel, a shaving mirror that belonged to an officer in the 68th New York killed at on East Cemetery Hill at Gettysburg, as well as other "oddities". To date... not a single occurrence of the paranormal as it pertains to relics. My home, however, is most definitely haunted, and has predated me living here by at least 40 years.

I don't have any haunted items that I know of, but some of your stories are totally scaring me out!

I did however came across a video on youtube once that simply gave me the chills.

It's about an RAF airfield somewhere in England that seems to be haunted. Special recorders registered the sound of a heavy bomber flying over and you can hear some creepy voices.

Some images even reveal the silhouette of airmen leaning against a wall in the building.

Don't crap your pants!

Perhaps the ideal time of the year to share this. Happy halloween everyone!

OK, I must confess. I use to have several German WW II helmets. One had a lot of blood and it was evident that the soldier had been shot in the face or neck. Anyway, one morning as I awoke, I clearly heard the words, Hail Hitler! I decided to sell them all and I have done so! No problems with my U.S. items to date!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

Interesting, I have a Luft DD that was picked up by a USAF Berlin Airlift Pilot that has serious exit shrapnel damage. Pilot swears it was haunted and would not keep it in his house. I have had it a Year now , nothing yet.

Best,

Rick

• 5 weeks later...

I keep a footlocker with all original contents. I love playing the songs of the era on my old player piano in our "music Room". After buying a 1941 dated Army music book from an Estate sale. I played a few songs out of the book then placed it in my footlocker and closed it. I awoke later in the night to my father yelling at me to stop playing on the piano. I looked over and the footlocker was open I walked down stairs and the book was open on the piano. (No one in my family besides me can play). After that I leave the book in the Music room on the piano but if I move it to another room it always ends up back on the piano.

I like this one!

To my knowledge, none of my Militaria is haunted, but it wouldn't brother me if it were in fact, I would like to get to know the men better.