1944 dated Amber Star parachute flares

I have 9 of these Amber Star rifle-launched parachute flares, all in the original black cardboard tubes. One or two have been opened, but no corrosion.

My questions are: How much are these worth & can I legally ship these if I do sell them? I really have no "need" for them & can really use the money. I'd probably keep one for my display, though.

I've used a couple of these at WW2 reenactments many years ago & they really light up the battlefield at night.

If anyone knows what they may be worth, you can pm me instead of posting here.

Thanks for looking. M1

"I fear all we have done was to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". Vice Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Number of defenseless people rounded up & exterminated in the 20th century because of gun control: 56 MILLION!

I think you can ship them through UPS butnot the post office.Reakky wouldnt be any different than black powder or

ammunition that is shipped.May have to have a haz-mat sticker but you can always check into the shipping of said item

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

For some reason the late 1944 dated amber flares are the most common rifle grenade flares around. Maybe there was an overrun of these?? Lately I've seen these listed from around $35 to $50. I've also seen some that were listed considerably higher but as you know what they're listed for and what they'll sell for are often two different things.

You must prepare your mind for where your body might have to go.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.