CCU 25th Infantry Div. 2004 Iraq

Went to a community yard sale where Sgt Dennison's family was selling a group of his DCU and ACU uniforms. Before I could purchase the uniforms they were all purchased by another person. I asked if they had anything left at home and they pulled this out of a box under the table. It was the only CCU in the lot of uniforms. Dated 2004.

30hsguo.jpg

Very nice find, sir. I have found several over the years, but all mine have the 2nd ID patches on them. Nice to see one with the 25th Div. insignia. :thumbsup:

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sweet grab! Nothin like getting the best item there, huh?

The only CCU I've acquired was an Ebay BIN for $7.99 or something like that. Sadly, all the tapes/insignia have been stripped, but it pretty obviously had some higher ranking officer's insignia on it (Colonel or higher), along with the Parachutist Badge and CIB. Huge size to... XL-Long.

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2018.gif

donation2017.gif

Great find Charles! Did it still have the elbow foam pads?

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

To be honest, I own around 6 used sets of the CCU's and none of mine had the pads. The only one that came with the pads was a mint, unissused 3-Color CU I found in a pile of DCU's.

From what I was told, the foam pads were the first things to get tossed.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

Very nice. I am very new to collecting this modern stuff. What does CCU, DCU and ACU stand for and what significance do they have ?

This link can explain the CCU and CU better than I can. Link: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...+combat+uniform

As far as DCU, it stands for Desert Combat Uniform and usually refers to the 3-Color DCU pattern that was in general use from 1991 to around 2005 (maybe longer)

CCU stands for Close Combat Uniform and is described in detail in the link above. Experimental design.

CU stands for Combat Uniform and is described in the link aobve. Experimental design.

ACU stands for Army Combat Uniform and refers to the grey computer pattern that is in current use by the US Army. Inuse from 2005 to present.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Arch

donation2017.gif

This link can explain the CCU and CU better than I can. Link: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...+combat+uniform

As far as DCU, it stands for Desert Combat Uniform and usually refers to the 3-Color DCU pattern.

CCU stands for Close Combat Uniform and is described in detail in the link above.

CU stands for Combat Uniform and is described in the link aobve.

ACU stands for Army Combat Uniform and refers to the grey computer pattern that is in current use by the US Army.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Arch

ACU is referred to as digital ?

donation2013.gif

ACU is referred to as digital ?

ACU is sometimes referred to Army digital.

donation2017.gif

• 3 weeks later...