WWII A-2 Jacket Grouping Aerial Gunner 451st Bomb Group

OD MAN

I just came back with this group. It was originally purchased from the veterans estate. He must have been proud of his A-2, as the seller said it was hanging up in the vet's garage.

His name was Donald Kelly, aerial gunner, 451st Bomb Group, 15th Air Force stationed in Italy.

A-2 jacket painted, there is a faint yellow bomber over the 18 bombs I just noticed when taking a picture of it

Flight helmet

B-8 goggles

Flight suit

Radio sets

Flight bag

Photos of plains, bombing missions, etc.

Large scrapbook (about 40-50 filled pages) with foreign currency, passes, souvenirs, postcards, articles, lists his combat missions

Guides

Flag arm band

Various documents, including 15th Air Force certificate of valor listing 2 air medals, 23 sorties, combat missions over Germany

s45isi.jpg

rhstxk.jpg

faint yellow bomber above bombs

2en9j7d.jpg

15xk0w4.jpg

15zh3xg.jpg

a9whhw.jpg

ajurrs.jpg

2m6jy2u.jpg

359zkok.jpg

more to come!!

That group is worth the thousand dollars. In this case the pictures of the total group puts a good value on the group.

Good buy and a nice addition to your collection.

That group is worth the thousand dollars. In this case the pictures of the total group puts a good value on the group.

Good buy and a nice addition to your collection.

I would say it is worth between 1500 and 2000 maybe more.

I would say it is worth between 1500 and 2000 maybe more.

"P",

It may well be, but between the first thread, and this one......it's certainly worth more then I would have paid before! :thumbsup:

Good job Justin. Did you have to pay the 1000 ?

Nope, and they even gave me a free item. :)

I appreciate the comments everyone, I am glad to have saved this man's history.

Justin

Cobrahistorian

Ya done REAL good. From what I'm seeing, there's far more value there than what you paid for it. It looks like you really have his complete story, which is getting to be all the more rare these days. Nice save!

Great pickup - I love the fact that you have some many items in the group! The A2 looks in very good condition... not owning an A2 what do you use to preserve the material?

Thanks

JOhn

Guess you gave up on the whole not collecting thing, huh?

Haha! Nice grouping!

No, but I went cold turkey for a record 12 days! :lol:

I sold my Nazi crap instead.

Justin

No, but I went cold turkey for a record 12 days! :lol:

I sold my Nazi crap instead.

Justin

I sold all my Nazi stuff as well. I had a rare collection all vet finds. Sold allot of US stuff as well over the past 3 years.

Justin you did great today. I love the fact that you can see the yellow B-24. That to me really increased the value of the jacket. I wonder what happened to his wings and patches ? Did you deal with the family. The red nailed girl ? :love:

Thank you guys for the comments, I really am honored to be the caretaker of this grouping. :salute:

I wonder what happened to his wings and patches ? Did you deal with the family. The red nailed girl ? :love:

Yes I did. :lol: I bought it from a couple who got the group at an estate sale. The man used to reenact and collect, so he knew the importance of the group. They managed to save most of his military items fortunately.

Justin

Thank you guys for the comments, I really am honored to be the caretaker of this grouping. :salute:

Yes I did. :lol: I bought it from a couple who got the group at an estate sale. The man used to reenact and collect, so he knew the importance of the group. They managed to save most of his military items fortunately.

Justin

We are like disciples. Once they are gone we will tell their story. Good news.

Very nice grouping Justin. love the flight items and that A2 is killer!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: did you notice the yellow painted B17 bomber above the bombs?

Philip

Johnny Signor

Like the ole Beer commercial guys used to say "It don't get no better than this " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Great find and save Justin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

Thanks again for the comments. I am still deciding how to display everything. :think:

Justin

Justin, Great grouping.....one any USAAF collector would be proud to have.

Great grouping! Bomber jacket is sweet. Was it in pretty good shape?

It has dry/flaky parts on the tops of both sleeves and the back of the collar. Besides that, the jacket is very soft. Probably a 6/10 condition wise.