Cold Steel Trailmaster carried on active duty

Bud

I will probably be selling this and will list on some knife forums. It is a Cold Steel Trailmaster, an original Carbon V ("V" is for vanadium) which the was the original Made in the USA version. For that reason it does have some collector value for knifre collectors.

But, I carried this on active duty as an Infantry Platoon Sgt from 1991 when I received it from my Battalion Commander until 1999 when I was medically retired.

Is this something a militaria collector would be interested in? The 550 cord was put on the day I received the knife and has never been removed. I would imagine the grip is like new. The blade is stained because I tried to cold blue it to reduce the glare. I was in Honduras and it seemed like a good idea at the time. <GRIN>

DSC03489.JPG

I am sure many collectors would be interested in your knife. It would be even better if you wrote a short history of your travels with the knife to go with it, as many collectors such as myself are more interested when there is a history in the piece.

Will look forward to seeing your sale price - I might be interested myself if I have some loose money at that time.

Please remember you cannot offer it for sale in this section - you will need to post it in the For Sale section, and only after you have 50 posts which shouldn't take you too long.

I am sure many collectors would be interested in your knife. It would be even better if you wrote a short history of your travels with the knife to go with it, as many collectors such as myself are more interested when there is a history in the piece.

Will look forward to seeing your sale price - I might be interested myself if I have some loose money at that time.

Please remember you cannot offer it for sale in this section - you will need to post it in the For Sale section, and only after you have 50 posts which shouldn't take you too long.

Thanks foir the reply. I was just wondering if it would be more desirable to a militaria collector as I think it would be a better place for it.

Cool knife Bud. I agree with bayonetman. What is the history ?

It was given to me by my Battalion Commander, LTC William Weir (later BG Weir). At the time, I was the acting 1SG of one of his line units. I carried iit n the field here in the States and one one deployment to Honduras.

Probably needs to be sent back to Cold Steel to be re-sharpened, they only charge $10.00 plus shipping.

I carried a Randall #1 during the VN war as a helciopter crew chief. I had mentioned to LTC Weir that I wish I had kept it (it was stolen when i was medevac'd with a gun shot wound) but I couldn't afford to buy a new one. He walked into my office a couple days later and asked if I thought the Trailmaster would work.

It obviously did, it is a GREAT field knife.

It was given to me by my Battalion Commander, LTC William Weir (later BG Weir). At the time, I was the acting 1SG of one of his line units. I carried iit n the field here in the States and one one deployment to Honduras.

Probably needs to be sent back to Cold Steel to be re-sharpened, they only charge $10.00 plus shipping.

I carried a Randall #1 during the VN war as a helciopter crew chief. I had mentioned to LTC Weir that I wish I had kept it (it was stolen when i was medevac'd with a gun shot wound) but I couldn't afford to buy a new one. He walked into my office a couple days later and asked if I thought the Trailmaster would work.

It obviously did, it is a GREAT field knife.

Great history Bud, thanks

Still-A-Marine
...Probably needs to be sent back to Cold Steel to be re-sharpened, they only charge $10.00 plus shipping.

I would leave it as is. If you send it back Cold Steel will most likely make it as close to "new" as possible. In my mind that would all but ruin the knife for collection purposes.

Bill

Ya, leave it as is. Some collectors would be interested Im sure.

I am not going to do anything to it.

Except sell it. The reason I mentioned it here is because I believe one of the forum members would probably appreciate it more than a knife collector.

Why sell it? I keep mind slid handle out between my matress and box spring.

This is the best answer, unless you have something better tucked under your mattress (like a 45, but from No ILL, probably not!)