E.W. Stone Sr. & stone style knives. Pics & Info

Cromwell

Their are so many knives called "ew stone" its unreal. Heres a few pics & info.

I maintain a database of over 200 pics of all versions,types,etc... of ew stone knives known,and over 40 pages of text info on ew stone knives.

Yes if you ever posted a pic here or on the net ever, its in the base so I wont waste time on what a person can search for here on this forum or on bf,kf,google etc.

A few stones,alloy & bronze. :think:

2pslw11.jpg

some info by EW STONE himself on the many,many stone type knives made.

ibgbwl.jpg

more stone style knives made by others...

2vsp65l.jpg

243nwoj.jpg

2dvim3p.jpg

stone knife with a atlanta cutlery version.

4g46eq.jpg

one of the many,many "recast" versions done by ew jr & dale at edmf...many many versions & types done old school and new !

2i96oec.jpg

a bad copy done in the 1980s

33vymia.jpg

and another poor copy

2jadc3o.jpg

For Cromwell and Tony in NH:

Given the new posting on the Stone knives this is hopefully for both of you. I have collected Patton sabers and the knives made from them for fifteen years. As for myself and others I am sure, I also collect the Patton serial numbers. My question is have either of you any Patton knives that were made from Springfiled Armory? If so, can you tell me the year and serial number on the knife and what style it is, Anderson, San Antonio, Knife Crafters or some other handmade variety, such as the leather wrap handle recently noted as a survival knife? Also from your data base of entries, I have noted a web site, "Fighting Knives" or something close to that. On it a Stone type knife is shown with a Patton SA 1913 blade. Cannot make out the number and an email did not come with a response.

Thanks, for any assistance.

Pony Soldier

For Cromwell and Tony in NH:

Given the new posting on the Stone knives this is hopefully for both of you. I have collected Patton sabers and the knives made from them for fifteen years. As for myself and others I am sure, I also collect the Patton serial numbers. My question is have either of you any Patton knives that were made from Springfiled Armory? If so, can you tell me the year and serial number on the knife and what style it is, Anderson, San Antonio, Knife Crafters or some other handmade variety, such as the leather wrap handle recently noted as a survival knife? Also from your data base of entries, I have noted a web site, "Fighting Knives" or something close to that. On it a Stone type knife is shown with a Patton SA 1913 blade. Cannot make out the number and an email did not come with a response.

Thanks, for any assistance.

Pony Soldier

I know of 5 Patton type blades cast onto stone type handles,their maybe more .

Just in the last few months their is the "reissue" 70th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor Bill Stone Jr knives and the blackcraft "recreation" Stone,skull,cobra knuckle knives. Hard to keep up on all the stone knife versions.

Just in the last few months their is the "reissue" 70th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor Bill Stone Jr knives and the blackcraft "recreation" Stone,skull,cobra knuckle knives. Hard to keep up on all the stone knife versions.

Why the quotation marks? ("___")?

Thanks.

At least Bill Stone JR. markets his knives as reissues and copys. He also serial #'s them so they have to be motifed to look like they are originals and the modifications can be seen. He also makes some changes to the design. So they are readily determined to be his. This is unlike some of the fakers who take the descriptions of the knives off of his web site and use them on e-bay and gunbroker. He also doesn't use my old moniker and part of my old e-mail address to make look like I am the one pumping fakes out.

At least Bill Stone JR. markets his knives as reissues and copys. He also serial #'s them so they have to be motifed to look like they are originals and the modifications can be seen. He also makes some changes to the design. So they are readily determined to be his. This is unlike some of the fakers who take the descriptions of the knives off of his web site and use them on e-bay and gunbroker. He also doesn't use my old moniker and part of my old e-mail address to make look like I am the one pumping fakes out.

I agree ! As far as the email story,that's just wrong !!

I agree ! As far as the email story,that's just wrong !!

Fact is one of the gentleman registered on this site in January of this year using part of my old log in to my photo hosting site.

Fact is one of the gentleman registered on this site in January of this year using part of my old log in to my photo hosting site.

Report him to a mod,they have his IP address and he can be tracked.That's just not cool !

• 7 years later...