footlocker display

UPNATM

I have seen lots of awesome pics of everyones war rooms and diplays but I really want to see some footlocker diplays. I have been working on mine for a little while and would love to see what other members locker displays look like. So, post them if ya got em! :D

Oops, I left L out of display in the thread title. blushing.gif

I guess there is no way to edit the title. thumbdown.gif

Here is a pic of my work in progress........

miscpics-3.jpg

Edit by Johan Willaert: I added the 'l'

What a great footlocker display. Is this the only one you have? Thanks for sharing. I also would like to see others.

4starchris

Thanks for the nice comments fellas.

I have a bunch of footlockers in my collection, but this is the only one I have set up as a display.

The rest of them are to house all of the rest of my WWII junk. :D

Along with field gear,uniforms and everything else WWII hygiene products and personal items are also a blast to

collect. :D

Where is that can of peaches Capt. Sobel found and the letters home, contraband.... w00t.gif

Got to love it, fantastic display.

pmshindy

norwegian blue

Amazing!

the 'cheese' pin-up picture and the sweetheart snapshot pasted under the lid are really neat. Too bad footlockers are hard to come by in France, I must find a way to bring back one next time I visit the 'Land of the big PX'

Johan Willaert
I must find a way to bring back one next time I visit the 'Land of the big PX'

Buy one, put it into a large carton box and drop it off at the nearest UPS or FedEx office to send it home.... That's how I got my two.....

One was home before I got there....

Does anyone have an actual WW2 picture of a similar lay-out? Were footlockers 'sort of private' (if that exists at all in the Service :lol: ), or prone to inspection too?

Does anyone have an actual WW2 picture of a similar lay-out? Were footlockers 'sort of private' (if that exists at all in the Service :lol: ), or prone to inspection too?

Here is the only pic I have of a layout.......

PhotoFootlockerLayout.jpg

WOW That is very nice i would like to see more displays like this. I often wish i could find a nice footlocker over here in england crying.gif

I imagine the shipping $ would kill from the US. I can find you one for about $20 (you may have to make a tray for it, though). PM me if you want me to keep my eyes open...

For some reason I had never thought of putting together a footlocker display - seems so obvious now. I'm on it!

Were footlockers 'sort of private' (if that exists at all in the Service :lol: ), or prone to inspection too?

Footlockers, wall lockers, or anything else in a barracks is allways subject to inspection. In basic training. only specified items were allowed in the footlocker and nothing else. In the days when footlockers and open bay barracks were in use, "privacy", was just a word in the dictionary.

Now in todays more modern, politically correct military this may have changed. :lol:

Actually the tray of the footlocker was only for display during inspections, you would have another set of everything to use. It was not regulation that you could not use the stuff but it was just a whole lot easier. You would not have a half used bar of soap or opened box of razor blades or anything showing signs of use during an inspection and the price of an extra set was money well spent, not to having to clean everything before an inspection. Also you had to haul all this stuff to the latrine (Head for you Marines) every morning so you would keep another set in a bag. The bottom of the footlocker was used more as it contained your underwear and socks and stuff like that. There was a specific way the foot locker was set up, it would vary a little from unit to unit but every one in the unit would be the same. If you were really lazy you would even have extra underwear so once the footlocker was set up you would not ever have to mess it. All the excess stuff would be put in the laundry bag and tied to the end of the bunk during inspections.

Ktrip, great display! That is exactly what I wanted to see, more displays! twothumbup.gif I see a few similarities between each of ours.

Its interesting, I have a blue box of Aviator playing cards, I have never see a red box, pretty cool. I like your officer footlocker also, great job.

Ktrip, great display! That is exactly what I wanted to see, more displays! twothumbup.gif I see a few similarities between each of ours.

Its interesting, I have a blue box of Aviator playing cards, I have never see a red box, pretty cool. I like your officer footlocker also, great job.

Thank you! Yeah, I noticed the button polishing kits are the same too. Personal items are one of my favorite items to collect and nothing shows them off better than a footlocker!

Stinger Gunner USMC

Does anyone have photos of the contents of the bottom of the footlocker

also what are some of the hygiene/personal items in the trays? I cant read what some of the boxes/tubes/bottles are