Some Hollywood helmets

gunbunny

• 1 month later...
Burning Hazard
On 2/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, patches said:

Nice shot of Anthony Quinn in Guadalcanal Diary with his helmet, Hawley line and all.

hyyy.jpg

Early cast buckle chinstrap fixed bail!

• 1 month later...

Here is one of the worst attempts I've ever seen...from the D-movie Pterodactyl (2005)

Note the ill-fitting M1 woodland cover and bewildering chinstrap for the guy with the obvious plastic helmet.

image.png.d4d088f3227791e05e384d8fc02673f4.png

image.png.d81fcec46ecb4679504731206e0ef7d9.png

image.png.ac6efce8007c503b6d6859b4aa218cb9.png

image.png.0a411be93834297b73fde1555c2ef712.png

USMC_COLLECTOR

Haha! Airsofters??

13 minutes ago, Beveaux said:

Here is one of the worst attempts I've ever seen...from the D-movie Pterodactyl (2005)

Note the ill-fitting M1 woodland cover and bewildering chinstrap for the guy with the obvious plastic helmet.

image.png.d4d088f3227791e05e384d8fc02673f4.png

image.png.d81fcec46ecb4679504731206e0ef7d9.png

image.png.ac6efce8007c503b6d6859b4aa218cb9.png

image.png.0a411be93834297b73fde1555c2ef712.png

41 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Haha! Airsofters??

My exact thoughts. They just need the eye protection! 

Here's one more shot, this in the daytime, these look like some kind of Motor Scooter helmets with what? British Camo material as covers LOL.

spy.PNG

• 3 months later...

Nice close up of Richard Jaeckel's Sergeant Clyde Bowren MP helmet in The Dirty Dozen, where we see that funky "Airborne"  Liner Chin Cup set up.

jaekel.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, GJW said:

Go Tell the Spartans 1978 - Lt Hamilton, is that helmet back the front??

go-tell-the-spartans-1978.jpg

I think it's worn like it should because the loops are seen towards the rear, and the chin strap is not seen on the front, here's a another shot of helmet.

image-w1280.jpg

This reminds me of an episode of "Combat!" I was watching recently where one of the main characters stands up and puts his helmet on backwards. He walks off, end of scene. :D 

Here's a gem, clone looking helmets, one with an Italian Army Camouflage material cover (Along with smock), probably the more modern post war version, the movie is a 1967 Italian war movie Hell in Normandy.

hell in normandy 1967.PNG

1b148dac-12a9-5abf-bfe1-84839873421a.jpg

General Apathy
On 8/27/2022 at 6:10 AM, patches said:

Nice close up of Richard Jaeckel's Sergeant Clyde Bowren MP helmet in The Dirty Dozen, where we see that funky "Airborne"  Liner Chin Cup set up.

jaekel.jpg

Hi Patches,

for anyone unfamiliar, the funky ' airborne ' chin cup is part of a US Navy Mk-2 ' Talker Helmet ".

.fullsizeoutput_14e2c.jpeg.f400b82b2b853cebc7f6a61f4a480ceb.jpeg

regards lewis.

• 4 months later...

Two Hollywood Helmets, both real, one with a Hawly Liner we see, that's Matt Willis as Pvt. Jumbo Hollis,  William Campbell there with the British Net on the left as Cpl. Danny Dominick, the movie of course is BREAKTHROUGH. 

william campbell.PNG

On 5/6/2012 at 2:11 PM, king802 said:

Alot of the Hawleys were made from plastic molds. They were on sale over here in England a few years ago before the show aired. Looked very good from a distance. I think Rob Lihani supplied some of his excellent repros for the main actors.

Rich

I have a helmet and Hawley from the movie “The Pacific”.

• 2 weeks later...

Victor Mature and Richard Egan in 1953 The Glory Brigade, welded or horse glued LT Bar on Mature, painted Sergeant Stripes on Egan, helmets are fixed loops.

victor.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mock Ups For Sure in the D-Day sequence in that South Korean Movie My Way, you know, the one where two Koreans serve in the Japanese Army in China, fight the Soviets, get caught, and serve in the Red Army, fight the Germans in Russia, get caught, then serve in the German Army, fight the Americans in France, get caught.

My way_US_Thompson.jpg

Burning Hazard

Greyhound (2020)

Looks like original M1 helmets (some are front seam) with refurbished parts - either Euro clone leather liner chinstraps or repros.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG