Red Cross Motor Transport Uniform

dogfacedsoldier

dogfacedsoldier

Hello,

I got this WWII REd Cross Motor Transport uniform from a friend's shop the other day. It came out of St. Louis. I do not know anything else except it is cool, and is double breasted with embossed bakelite buttons. No hat, but it is still pretty nice. No labels, tags, or writing in it. Note the overseas bar near the left cuff. At least it looks like one. I don't know much about WWII Red Cross uniforms. Thanks for looking, any info would be very much appreciated.

Jon

post-3832-1319086262.jpg post-3832-1319086292.jpg post-3832-1319087079.jpg

Nice uniform! That is the winter coat dress and would have been worn with a black leather belt around the waist, and a white blouse & black necktie underneath.

The "overseas bar" is a service stripe for 1 year of service. 4 years of service, you'd get a red chevron.

dogfacedsoldier

Here are a few more pics, I've got a new camera, and I am learning still, a work in progress. Thanks for the info gal, there was nothing else with the uniform, it was the first one my friend had ever come into his shop. A few more pics for everyone. A good shot is also shown of the button.

Jon

post-3832-1319132124.jpg

post-3832-1319131965.jpg

• 1 year later...