1989 dated KPot

NickD

Nice!...i see you have the Desert Storm era cover without folliage slits, from ive heard and read somewhere, they rushed them through production for the war skipping the slits to save time and money....i think they are hard to find, and a nice variation to have!....mike :thumbsup:

Always good to see another PASGT helmet!

I'm guessing the cover is the wrong size for your size small shell. Usually these covers fit too tight... enough so that a M/L cover just BARELY fits on a large PASGT helmet.

The covers without foliage slits are a bit harder to find, but not impossible. They also made covers without foliage slits in the 3-color pattern (aka DCU). The rationale behind this minor change in production was to make the covers easier and quicker to manufacture, and you likely wouldn't need the slits anyway out in the middle of a desert.

BTW, your helmet was actually produced sometime in 1990, or shortly after. The "90" molded inside the dome is an indication of it's slightly later production. The 89 in the contract date is solely the year of the contract... no the production year of the helmet itself.

thanks guys & thanks for the extra info as well its as always much appreciated :twothumbup:

@Longbranch thanks for the dated correction & info its always good to know these little details :thumbsup: