blanket roll cover?

tweedie

Hello,

does anyone know what is this kind of waterproof bag?

Could it be used to protect de blanket roll?

Could it be WWII? The material is similar to the M45 and M44 inner linings.

Its size is 102,5cm X 44cm

Thanks!

j6l9xz.jpg

wwgdae.jpg

w1e7w0.jpg

2eg9t8x.jpg

craig_pickrall

That case is a new one to me. I do not recall ever seeing one before. Medical units had a large canvas bag for carrying blankets. This maybe an inner waterproof cover used with that canvas bag. I have these large bags with both Army and USMC markings.

thanks!

A picture of your white bag would be great Robinb!

The numbered lines are intended for some precise folding, I will try to fold a blanket and then adjust it on a pack or haversack

General Apathy

post-344-1319108483.jpg

I have one of those that's marked exactly the same, but the material is white.

Hi Robinb and tweedie, I had several of these when I ran my store, I could never date them precisely but these white ones did appear thicker material and possibly earlier than the green ones.

ken

• 1 year later...

Here is my white blanket bag with correct blanket that is to be included. The blanket is of a waterproof type being grey wool own one side and the other is a OD vinyl resin much like ponchos. The blanket measures 7 feet x 5.5 feet. The question is their intended purpose exactly which I do not know. What I do know is in equipment lists for life boats Navy, Merchant Marine and the alike call out for blankets in waterproof containers and say Blankets, Waterproof. IMHO these are for life saving purposes.

The Story, the old man I got this from bought this bag and blanket along with a few others surplus in the late 1940's...again it's a story just laying that out there.

post-56-0-41879700-1374716699.jpg