Moh confusion

4STARCHRIS

Not so fast Jack's Son.

You win if someone saw a problem.

Some may think there is no problem at all with the display.

"I don't understand the problem..you got three types of medals, and three medals in the frame. Now if you were missing one or two or all three medals, I could see the issue...."

Jim could be the winner for actually connecting the description to the medals to help or aid those who do not know the difference, thus correcting the problem for all, and not just knowing what the problem is......

Or I can be politically correct.... and everyone wins and ther is no right ot wrong.

So many different angles.

So this throws out a new question I didn't even consider.

How many would accept the framing as is? That there isn't a problem. :think:

:w00t:

4starchris

This makes me crazy. If I had to see this every day I would pull my hair out! :wacko: When I am watching a a good movie and the actor has his ribbons in the wrong order or something minor like that it completly ruins the move for me! :mad:

post-15093-1319052159.gif

Sadly, most people know nothing about medals, unless they have a military connection.

My local Postmaster told me that when the first type Purple Heart stamp came out, many people asked her what "the heart" was for. They had NO idea what it was.

The Wharfmaster

So true. My well meaning wife is a prime example of that. While watching a segment on the MOH on 60 minutes, I was telling her how important the MOH is. Her reply was to ask if Sal Giunta's MOH was like my MOH I have in the basement. I had to explain to her that the medal displayed in the basement was my AAM and the vast difference between them. Most people outside of the military have no idea the significance of medals, no matter how well intentioned they are.

How many would accept the framing as is? That there isn't a problem. :think:

If someone was giving it to me (with the approval of the FBI, the CMOHS, the CIA, OSS, INTERPOL, and Yo Mama) I'd take it and have it in my collection.

I'm sure I could sacrifice the time (at some point) to correct it......

I'd even pay shipping!!! :lol: :lol:

Or I can be politically correct.... and everyone wins and ther is no right ot wrong.

4starchris

Chris......NEVER do it the PC way!! :w00t: It's un-American !!! In life there are always losers, I'd rather be last and have no prize, then a prize along with everyone else! :pinch:

I was just about to mention, guys...how hard would it be to rearrange the placards matching the appropriate medals to their branch of service? Can the frame be opened from the back? It seems as if it would be an easy fix.

And Jack's Son, would you accept:

FIRST RUNNER UP?

*ding* *ding* *ding*

This has been alot of fun.

Now you can see what I was going through when they pulled it out to show me how great it was. In my mind, " tell them, Tell them, Tell them.... its wrong and it not right!, Tell them.

Or:, WHat a great job. This thing looks fabulous and much thought and effort must have gone into it! I'll help you hang it up. :w00t:

Bottom line, without all the fuss I was honored. Sometimes its just an honor that someone will take you back into the basement and vault and show you the good stuff. Who am I to judge. Otherwise this thread would not of even been possible to make fun of. Plus I got to see two never before seen Medal of Honor's that have not seen the light of day in over 50+ years.

4starchris

P.S. We can still have fun with this though!! :lol:

If someone was giving it to me (with the approval of the FBI, the CMOHS, the CIA, OSS, INTERPOL, and Yo Mama) I'd take it and have it in my collection.

I'm sure I could sacrifice the time (at some point) to correct it......

I'd even pay shipping!!! :lol: :lol:

Dave,

I would love to ship it out tonight. However, yo would have to clarify, the framed MoH's or the other two named?

How bout I just send all 5 of them to ya!

But, overnight, insured, signature could get expensive. Maybe $120.00 :w00t:

4starchris

I was just about to mention, guys...how hard would it be to rearrange the placards matching the appropriate medals to their branch of service? Can the frame be opened from the back? It seems as if it would be an easy fix.

And Jack's Son, would you accept:

FIRST RUNNER UP?

*ding* *ding* *ding*

Iwould think that that is what they are going to do. I will keep you guys posted.

4starchris

On a somewhat related note...

Saw this locally last night and thought I would share, especially as one is a Tiffany Cross style and there is another recent ongoing thread. This is not the only guy up in this neck of the woods that has similar items on display btw.

Tim

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Seattle-bu...-132166923.html

"Agents discovered the medals were authentic in production but fake because they were never awarded to a service member."

Dosen't "fake" mean "fake"?

An authentic medal made in production, Isn't that a "real" medal just unissed?

Isn't a "fake" MoH like the one being sold overseas be considered "fake", because they are not "authentic production"?

Then everyone who has an unissed MoH has a "fake" MoH.

Whatever.

Let's keep the post on this thread to this thread. Let's not get side tracked on MoH issues not related. PLEASE!

4starchris

An authentic medal made in production, Isn't that a "real" medal just unissed?

Unissued MOHs are considered "counterfeit". Unfortunately, someone mixed up some words for the news article.

Here are some pics. I'll say the TC is NOT an HLI "back door" medal..... :pinch:

MOH1.jpg

On a somewhat related note...

Saw this locally last night and thought I would share, especially as one is a Tiffany Cross style and there is another recent ongoing thread. This is not the only guy up in this neck of the woods that has similar items on display btw.

Tim

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Seattle-bu...-132166923.html

What can you say........ :crying: :rolleyes:

post-387-1319329743.jpg

This is the medal's CW type II cased.

post-387-1318997103.jpg

This is a Civil War recipient Type II Medal of Honor. This medal is in absolutely perfect condition as well as the ribbon, case and the two lapel bows. I have for years try and document as many Medal of Honors that I can get in front of my camera. Sometimes it is very confusing on what you find when you walk into a museum and aske to see a recipients Medal of Honor. Here is a prime example.

4starchris