Show your Market Garden troopers/displays!

Loek

the last ones are most likely 11th Abn or 82nd Abn. from post WW2 Korea time frame, on 43 pants. The pocket material is lighter that the other pants I posted, and the leg ties are heavy OD twill. Paul

post-512-1259814812.jpg

Hello,

I was looking at James Charles' pair here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=29444&hl=

and noticed this pair has double press studs on the inside of the pockets and white

thread.

So can we say that both brown/green and white rigger thread was used and that some had the double press

studs and others did not ?

This is a very interesting topic.

Here's an original pair that a friend and fellow forum member had in his collection for many years. Not identified but they are 100% real!

Bryan

Note the early brown buttons.

Picture226.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Yellowish tie tapes

Picture214.jpg

Tie tapes sewing on the inner seam.

Picture219.jpg

Picture216.jpg

Picture346.jpg

Interior pocket stitching.

Picture355.jpg

Picture351.jpg

Picture353.jpg

Okay, so I dug out my cargo-pocketed M43 trousers and it turns out I have THREE pair, not two:

I have two (not one) from Glider Pilot 1LT Iredell K. "Ike" Dye.

Pair #1 is on a VARSITY mannequin, so I cannot (will not?) take them off to check the labels, or to compare them with Pair #2. However, I just checked and theyvary from #2 in that they have tie-downs and do not have the "X" sewing across the knees.

Pair #2: Manufacturer's white label on right pocket is washed out, so no help there. The size (W30, L32) is rubber stamped on the waistband and the TROUSERS, FIELD, COTTON, OLIVE DRAB is below that, sewn on the right rear pocket. Internal parts are white cloth. The cargo pockets and knee reinforcements (with "X" sewn lines) are made from used tent canvas, gray-tan in color. There are four snaps (two pair) on each cargo pocket flap, and they are brass -- no blackening -- marked RAU FASTENER PROV RI. There are no tie-downs -- posibly removed, but neatly. The rigger sewing uses tan thread.

Pair #3, from 17th Para Maint Co rigger Joe Quade: Internals are HBT green, TROUSERS, FIELD, COTTON, O.D. printed on right rear pocket (inside) with WAIST 32 and INSEAM 30 on the waistband above. Condition as new throughout. Tie-downs present, black snaps marked DOT DOT inside female side and UNITED CARR on flange of male side. Here's the kicker: the manufacturer's label the purchase date as 5 March 1945, and spec sdate 22 Feb 1945 -- so how did they get to France in time for the 24 March 1945 VARSITY op ?! Quade told me these were made up in Feb-Mar (while the Div was reconstituting after The Bulge) .......were these trous priority-shipped via AIR? Or did they actually arrive in the ETO AFTER VARSITY (and Quade's story is "off")?

Hi,

Some guys from the Holland-drop in their original worn 101st & 82nd modified M43 trousers.

Personally I don’t think it’s wise to show too many detail pictures from those cargo pockets, but that’s just mine opinion! Yes, some cargo pockets have special details and some are extra reinforced.

Sry, but this are some old pictures and not of the best quality.

Best,

Goody

Hi,

Some guys from the Holland-drop in their original worn 101st & 82nd modified M43 trousers.

Personally I don’t think it’s wise to show too many detail pictures from those cargo pockets, but that’s just mine opinion! Yes, some cargo pockets have special details and some are extra reinforced.

Sry, but this are some old pictures and not of the best quality.

Best,

Goody

I agree a 100% with you on the detail photos, I bet you'll see the popping up within a few weeks.. Nice stuff Goody, are they all ID'd? Paul

Hi Paul,

Some are ID and most have laundry marks.

Yes, just give a rough view without any details from those cargo pockets, but I think you know what I mean! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Goody

I'm not into uniform collecting but I have this picture my dad took during the war that looks like pants with ties. It's too bad you have to downsize your photos to post them 'cause the full screen pix show the detail better.

Greg

post-118-1259979890.jpg

Johan Willaert

Hi Goody,

Nice to see an update on your mannequins after such a long time....

Isn't that a USMC Corpsman Medic Bag on your sitting 82AB Medic???

JOhan

Hi,

Johan, Medic bags are not my field, but don’t think this is a USMC bag? (You tell me)

Thought this is a second pattern Medic pouches with press studs instead of lacing, but could be wrong? Have this bag for a very long time and bought it because it was named and complete with all the knick-knacks.

No offense and you are right in some way, but I’m sure not only honest collectors are lurking on this forum! Know there is not much detail information about this trousers or all rigger modified Para stuff and think it better stays that way!

Started collecting German (camo) stuff about 30 years ago together with my brother and build up a good knowledge about material. So, I have to learn and sometimes the hard way! Ok, I also had the fortune to know some very honest collectors who had the good stuff. So, don’t think you learn this from pictures or books!

Well, don’t have so much space, but it’s for sure great display!

Johan, some pictures for you. Sry, my camera is broken so took some with my phone.

Thanks for your nice comments!

Thanks,

Goody

Johan Willaert

Hi Goody,

Yes, although I thought studs on Medical bags were USMC, I could be wrong... They could be later pattern Army Medic Bags...

USMC bags probably had another method of closing too...

I hope somewhere more knowledgeable will chime in...

Johan