Squadron Patches

Patch

Here are some of the squadron patches in my collection.

The 1st one is BLUIE WEST 1 GREENLAND. This was a AAF & USAF base in Greenland in the '40s & '50s.

post-10058-1318889125.jpg

post-10058-1318889136.jpg

The 1st one is BLUIE WEST 1 GREENLAND. This was a AAF & USAF base in Greenland in the '40s & '50s.

#2 is a AIR FERRY COMMAND, it is made of different colored leather.

post-10058-1318889486.jpg

post-10058-1318889495.jpg

#5 is a 64th FIGHTER SQN. painted on leather.

#6 are two variations 78th PURSUIT SQUADRON,, one is painted on leather and one is multi piece felt.

Robswashashore

Patch -- My dad was stationed at Bluie West 1 as a meteorologist during WWII. It was a major stop on the North Atlantic Route; every aircraft on its way to or from the ETO would stop there. Dad said that he would brief the green pilots in their B17s on their way to England and their service caps would be all crisp and new. Then a year later he would brief them on their way home -- "their caps would have that fifty mission crush and the guys would look about twenty years older."

What an interesting patch. I have never seen one like it before. Thank you for sharing it.

Jean

Patch -- My dad was stationed at Bluie West 1 as a meteorologist during WWII. It was a major stop on the North Atlantic Route; every aircraft on its way to or from the ETO would stop there. Dad said that he would brief the green pilots in their B17s on their way to England and their service caps would be all crisp and new. Then a year later he would brief them on their way home -- "their caps would have that fifty mission crush and the guys would look about twenty years older."

What an interesting patch. I have never seen one like it before. Thank you for sharing it.

Jean

Thanks for the reply, it's the only one I have ever seen. I like the knot about your dad.