Coast Guard patches

Patch

Here are my two Coast Guard patches. They are 5 5/8 in. top to bottom. The U.S.C.G.C. KUKUI WAK 186 is fully emb. EMB. and the CGAS ELIZABETH CITY N.C. is emb. on twill. Does anyone have an idea on the age of these patches?

post-10058-1318886640.jpg

post-10058-1318886649.jpg

Here are my two Coast Guard patches. They are 5 5/8 in. top to bottom. The U.S.C.G.C. KUKUI WAK 186 is fully emb. and the CGAS ELIZABETH CITY N.C. is emb. on twill. Does anyone have an idea on the age of these patches?

post-10058-1318887033.jpg

post-10058-1318887057.jpg

The first one is a nice Japanese-made. I'd guess 60's-ish on that one. The second is US-made and just a little bit newer - 60's/70's.

Thanks for the replys & time frames.

The E-City patch on twill is still used at the air station today. I don't know why or how they get it embroidered on twill but they do. I have several myself that were all purchased in the last 5-10 years from the base exchange.

Brad

The E-City patch on twill is still used at the air station today. I don't know why or how they get it embroidered on twill but they do. I have several myself that were all purchased in the last 5-10 years from the base exchange.

Brad

Brad

Thanks

I didn't think it was very old, it feels to crisp.

Brad

Brad-

Is the reverse exactly like the one posted? Possibly plastic backed? If not, I have to think they have an old stock they're working off of.

Kurt