Assault Jacket + Invasion Equipment

Hi Ben

Thanks for posting pictures of your collection...

I am loving the marked jump equipment :D :D

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Great to see this post bumped up. As always Ben, top class display. The first aid pouch with zip fastener is an outstanding piece!

Look forward to seeing some more shots,

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Outstanding Paratrooper Display there Ben with both T-5's

It looks great and thanks for sharing it with us,

Airborne all the way ;) also Like the Marked T-5 Reserve.

Tomás.

http://www.Paratrooper1944.Com/

https://www.facebook.com/paratrooper1944

IN MEMORY OF IRISH/AMERICANS FROM MY COUNTY.
Cpl: Patrick Gallagher, 3rd U.S.M.C Div K.I.A 30/03/1967 Navy Cross
Sgt: Patrick Nevin, B.Co. 1st Bn, 12th Cav, 1st CAVALRY Div K.I.A 23/02/1966

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Thanks for all of the kind words , guys. It means a lot to be able to share my collection with like-minded people. There aren't too many people interested in this 'old green stuff' among my neighbours ;)!

Regards,

Ben.

This is my first sighting of this topic; I am awed. :blink:

Ben, you've got one wonderful collection on display here!

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

• 2 weeks later...

Thx Ben for sharing!

I am a late bloomer to the interest of all things Airborne. My father died in a VA hospital in 1961 when I was 2 years old and my brother was born a month later. We spent 50 years not knowing anything about his service until we found a copy of his WD AGO 53-55 at the Indiana State Archives in 2010 and discovered that he was with the 517th PRCT that jumped into S. France in Operation Dragoon 15 AUG 1944 and was wounded twice in Jan 1945 while in Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge it appears that when he returned to action his former unit had been moved back to France for preparation to go take part in the invasion of Japan and he was assigned with the 513th PIR part of the 17th Airborne Div that jumped into Wesel Germany in Operation Varsity 24 MAR 1945. Collections and displays like yours are a wonderful source of authenticity and inspiration for novices like me!

Dan

Thx and God Speed!

Sgt (ret) Dan Perry, Hvy SP FA, Ordnance/Turret Mech 45D-2, M110A2 8' 203 mm Cold Steel On Target!

Son of a 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Paratrooper!

In memorial of my Father, Cpl Floyd R. Perry, served Sept 42-Sept 45, MP, Infantryman, Hvy Mortar Crewman, Paratrooper!

Purple Heart w/1 oak leaf cluster; Bronze Star with/V device; EAME w/1 Silver Star, 1 Bronze Star, 2 Parachute Invasion Arrowheads; Good Conduct; Occupation Germany Medal; American Campaign Medal; WW II Victory Medal; Combat Infantrman Badge earned in Southern France; Paratrooper Wings w/ 2 Bronze Stars; Presidential Distinguished Unit Citation w/1 oak leaf Cluster, French Croix De Guerre w/Silver Gilt Star; Belgian Croix De Guerre; Belgian Fouragere; www.517prct.org www.wwiiadt.org

OUTSTANDING BEN!!!!!

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

• 4 weeks later...

Subsystem4 you say someday you'll get an invasion vest. I wish your dream comes true! I've been collecting since 1944, and have never seen one first hand, much less available for sale. We live in hope. Very fine invasion display. Jack Angolia

Mr. Angolia,

Are you the same man who wrote the German reference books?

Sam

Actively collecting anything from the C Company, 1st Battalion, 141st Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division.

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Thanks all of the positive comments, guys. It really makes collecting worthwhile when one is able to share the fruits of your labour with like-minded individuals.

Best wishes for the New Year,

Ben.

Mr. Angolia,

Are you the same man who wrote the German reference books?

Sam

Happy New Year Sam! Subject has just come up again, and this is the first I've seen your question. Yes, I'm that guy. I have now turned my attention to the history of the WWII Airborne Forces, with Vol 1 due out in less than 45 days. For details, please see www.heroesinourmidst.net Regards, Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif