Assault Jacket + Invasion Equipment

med-dept

Hi gang,

I finally managed to add an M7 Assault Gas Mask Bag (complete with M5 Gas Mask), M1926 Life Preserver Belt and a Gas Detection Brassard to the Assault Jacket I recently posted. I just thought that I'd share a picture of how the setup looks now:

new.jpg

I still need to migrate the equipment to a full mannequin, but this will be done once I am in the new house!

Regards,

Ben.

Excellent Display there Ben for sure Well Done very Impressive i love that Harian Assualt Vest :thumbsup:

Like the Paratrooper Display also in the back ground Very Nice Aswell with his two T-5 Parachutes attached & Mae West Life vest. :thumbsup:

Your already impressive collection just keeps getting better. Thanks for updating us with pics of the assault vest on display. It looks great!!

is the T-5 reserve chute in the background an original or one of Bob Bashaw's?

very nice D-Day display!

It's an original.

Regards,

Ben.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your new, positive comments about this display. I'm working on moving this to a full 4th ID mannequin, which I hope will be completed in the next couple of weeks.

Bart, I'll get some shots of the T5 set up this afternoon.

Regards,

Ben.

Subsystem4 you say someday you'll get an invasion vest. I wish your dream comes true! I've been collecting since 1944, and have never seen one first hand, much less available for sale. We live in hope. Very fine invasion display. Jack Angolia

In theory, you could put the belt under the jacket. (and the mask bag as well). Thus the jacket could be ditched and the guy would still have some bouancy. But even the guys that did that had issues as the quick release straps swelled in water and were harder to undo that expected.

Thanks for the feedback, Jon. I am tempted to display it like that when I migrate the set-up to a full mannequin.

Yes, it's a 1944-dated Harian.

Regards,

Ben.

Hi guys,

As requested, here are some photographs of the T5 reserve that can be seen in the background of the Assault Jacket photograph. Here are some shots:

t5_1.jpg

t5_2.jpg

t5_3.jpg

t5_4.jpg

t5_5.jpg

Regards,

Ben.