Navy Yacht Clubs, Seas and Station patches

Patchcollector

That period would be in the last 10 years or so. For those that don't want repros in their collection, take note. It seems you don't like anybody telling you some of your patches are not good from what I've seen over time here. Nobody likes to be told they have an ugly baby. However, as stated before, these posts are for others to read so they don't think that some of this stuff is real and get taken later. You are most welcome to believe whatever you like.

Randy

Patchcollector

You insist on trying to start an argument even though all I did was say "thanks for your opinion".You resort to using terms like"ugly baby" to try and provoke a fight,because you really don't have any proof whatsoever to back up the claim that you are making.

If your "followers" want to believe you,then fine;but typing words in a box and hitting the "post" button is one thing;proving what you are typing is another.

I'm 100% confident that this piece is authentic,and from the Vietnam war era. :)

ZoomButt.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Patchcollector

I just picked up some new Yacht Club patches,these were collected during the 70's and 80's.I believe that they are Italian made.None have plastic backs.

post-13386-0-49831300-1375155603.jpg

Back view

post-13386-0-93498100-1375155636.jpg

Patchcollector

This one is interesting in that it came with the Arc.I've never seen one like this before.

post-13386-0-33273900-1375155849.jpg

Back view

post-13386-0-08691600-1375155907.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Maverickson

Here is a variation that has a red bar underneath the disc,it means that this is the second tour for the buyer of this patch

Hi,

Was wondering about the dimensions of the your two Gulf Of Tonkin Yacht Club patches. Specifically, the smaller of the two!

If possible could you please provide the patch's diameter and that additional height which includes that red bar seen at the bottom of that patch.

Thank you so very much!

Dave

Patchcollector

Hi,

Was wondering about the dimensions of the your two Gulf Of Tonkin Yacht Club patches. Specifically, the smaller of the two!

If possible could you please provide the patch's diameter and that additional height which includes that red bar seen at the bottom of that patch.

Thank you so very much!

Dave

Hi Dave,

They are put away right now.I'll try and dig them out and measure them ASAP,but it may be later this week.Hope you don't need the dimensions immediately!

I learned from a former USN aviator that their party suits were essentially flight suits that had custom insignia directly embroidered on the suit, sometimes with the squadron and persons name embroidered in fancy script. Often they were in alternate colors from the everyday suit i.e. black vs. the issue green. This varied between squadrons.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Salvage Sailor

Before the 1979-1980 Iranian Crisis led to the founding of the Persian Gulf Yacht Club, Bahrain was a sleepy USN post known for it's white ships and isolated duty stations......

It was also where the Arabian Gulf Yacht Club was founded

Arabian Gulf Yacht Club 001.jpg

Arabian Gulf Yacht Club 002.jpg

firefighter

Before the 1979-1980 Iranian Crisis led to the founding of the Persian Gulf Yacht Club, Bahrain was a sleepy USN post known for it's white ships and isolated duty stations......

It was also where the Arabian Gulf Yacht Club was founded

Nice

Salvage Sailor

Barnegat class Seaplane Tender USS VALCOUR (AVP-55), charter member of the Arabian Gulf Yacht Club 1954

AVP 55 USS VALCOUR 001.jpg

AVP 55 USS VALCOUR 002.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Gulf of Sidra Yacht Club - Harpooned & I Crossed The Line of Death (made by Silvio Polidoro of Naples)

Action in the Gulf of Sidra, Libya (1986)

Gulf of Sidra Yacht Club 001.jpg

Gulf of Sidra Yacht Club 002.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Red Sea Yacht and Regatta Club - Charter Member 1976

Well before the Iranian Crisis of 1979 the USN was establishing forward deployed task forces in the Middle East and in particular the Persian Gulf region. The Red Sea Yacht Club was established in 1976 to ensure international freedom of the seas and USS GUAM (LPH-9) was a charter member (plankowner). 6" jacket patch 1976 Red Sea Cruise

LPH 9 USS GUAM 1976 RED SEA YACHT CLUB 001.jpg

LPH 9 USS GUAM 1976 RED SEA YACHT CLUB 002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...