Ammo or Hunting vest...What is it??

Jason G

Just acquired this one. NO clue if it's military or just some civvie or surplus rig up....any thoughts appreciated.....

post-271-1318533651.jpg

post-271-1318533675.jpg

post-271-1318533662.jpg

post-271-1318533833.jpg

post-271-1318533821.jpg

Tons of pockets as you can see. NO tags anywhere. No harm if it's a civvie, cooler if it's some sorta military one though. The snaps look military for sure..no marking on THOSE either.

I'm sure it's not military issue or even "rigger made." Looks homemade, the snaps cut off a military tunic and sewn on. The pockets look like they would hold an SMG mag or high capacity pistol mag. Hard to tell the size of the pockets from the photos. Doesn't look like a hunting vest, as the pockets obviously are designed to hold a lot of high capacity magazines. If we wish to let our wild sides out, it could be a vest worn under a jacket to hold ammo for a "sterile" or "covert" operation. Kind of resembles something I've worn on dignitary protection details. Though we probably will never know it's origin or purpose.

Just sayin'

Doc Rick :blink:

Those snaps are definitely from a postwar pup tent. I wonder if this isn't something put together by a surplus store? I know I've seen all sorts of other franken-fieldgear made out of various pieces of gear.

I'm thinking along those lines myself. It's actually pretty well made, but very, very lightweight. That back top 'pocket' is what I usually see on hunting stuff.