Opinion need on M1918 Pershing Shoes

Hello, they look like original WW1 M1918 Trench Boots. However the heels have been resoled as you mention, should be leather with a steel heel "horse Shoe", The front looks resoled as well as is should have hobnails or at least a hole pattern from some. The m1918 had a toe plate as well. Somewhere I read there was a shoe based off of the trench boot pattern that had smooth soles that were made for wear inside buildings and such. Try wearing a pair of hobnailed boots on a tiled floor and you will find your self on your 5th point of contact. I have never seen a pair however there is supposed to be some made off of the M1918 pattern. As far as any U.S. marks, on the narrow section of the sole (bottom of boot) you might see U.S.Q.M.D. as well as size and a name. They were also supposed to be marked inside in black ink with contact and depot info, however any use and I mean any use would have removed these stampings.

They look like typical M1918 to me (with the exception of the sole issues). Vet must have wanted to wear them in parades.

Terry

Can you show a picture of back strap of the boot. I don't thinking these are Persing boots, something doesn't look right, There are no side rivets other than the front main one. The cut on the side doesn't look right. I'm thinking these are post WWI boots.

Hello here is anticle on the web about U.S. issue trench boots. http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/l_tanks.htm

I have been collecting ww1 for 20 years and have had a few pairs of U.S. trench boots. The 1918 boot only has two revets on the uppers, blutcher ear area, one on each side (iron or brass). Three rows of stiching as correct on the seams. Hayes Otoupalik, the biggest WW1 collector in the U.S., maybe the world, put out a book on U.S. WW1 equipment and confirms your boots as M1918 (with sole issues). There's two published sources for you to look at. When ever I am about to drop big money on something I like to either confirm with a published reference source or national museum. The Infantry museum at Ft. Benning Georgia has some examples of the M1918 trench boots.

Terry

thanks for your big help ludwigh , as the good pershing showing the pair offer to me look good resoled for sure but legit

other opinion ?????

Hello guy's , offer to me this pair of Pershing shoes resole but is it original ww1 issue ?,?,?,?

14510.jpg

14610.jpg

14710.jpg

14910.jpg

15010.jpg

I would like to know more about those heels, I find them really interresting, they are as you can see nearly identical to the camel cigarett packs of old, to include the arching of the word CAMEL, anybody know the story behide these, or seen these types before, clearly they where not made by R J Reynolds tobbacco company not unless R J reynolds dabled in making other products other smokes.

If you haunt antique stores long enough, you will find numerous sizes and types of tire repair kits made by Camel. Since they were in the rubber business, it would not be a stretch that they made rubber soles as well. That is all I can tell you towards that end.

If you haunt antique stores long enough, you will find numerous sizes and types of tire repair kits made by Camel. Since they were in the rubber business, it would not be a stretch that they made rubber soles as well. That is all I can tell you towards that end.

Thanks for the info, but just to be clear, would this be the RJ Reynolds company that put out CAMEL brand cigaretts or would this be a entirly differant company that went by the name CAMEL ?

Thanks for the info, but just to be clear, would this be the RJ Reynolds company that put out CAMEL brand cigaretts or would this be a entirly differant company that went by the name CAMEL ?

has the exact same logo as the cigarettes, so I only rump-U-ME that is the case.

Ha ha, I didn't write rump in there, auto correct changed that.

Yes it will always do that with that word, its a very bad WORD :blush: some other member just now left a qutoe that uses the euro term ARSE, I think the auto correct does not reconize it as a bad word and very BADDDD WORD :lol:

• 2 weeks later...