My little collection of 2" wings...WW2 period

Sabrejet

Ian,

Looking at the pins and catches on the "sterling" marked wings, gives me the impression that these may well be made outside of the US. Did you acquire these wings in the UK and Europe ?

Good question JS. Obviously, the AMICOs are US made. I've bought them all over the place really...at militaria shows in the UK...eBay/US...trades with other collectors etc. One or two might be "theatre-made"?

Ian,

Great wings! I really like the Navy one. The detail is very nice.

....Kat

Thanks Kat. I should have photographed them alongside a coin to give an impression of scale. Most are so well-detailed they look full-size in the pics!

Ian :thumbsup:

If any other members out there have collections of 2" wings, please feel free to add them here to expand this thread.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

IAN--- NICE WINGS--- I'M HOOKED TO DEATH!! :lol:

Oh no...look out guys! Costa's going to buy up every "baby wing" in sight!! ;) :w00t: :w00t:

Ian –

Great wings! One of my goals is to acquire both the 3” and 2” of the so called “issue” wings. No maker mark but they are marked sterling. They’re obviously all made by the same manufacturer and the detail is quite beautiful. To the best of my knowledge, I only lack the Liaison. I’ve never seen any other variations such as Senior Pilot etc. Jim

post-20555-1318441331.jpg

Terrific collection Jim...thanks for adding them to the mix! I'd love to get some of those "lettered" wings...Glider...Liaison etc., myself. I notice that some of yours have the same kind of "anodised" (is that the right word?) finish on their reverse sides as some of mine do..eg., the Bombardier wing in my first post.

Ian

If any other members out there have collections of 2" wings, please feel free to add them here to expand this thread.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Ok well here's my one and only. Part of a 8th AF KIA grouping that I really must get round to posting. Marked AMICO STERLING. They look a bit gold in th pictures but its just the light.

post-4976-1318460778.jpg

post-4976-1318460805.jpg

Nice thread Ian! It seems the collecting of shirt-size A.A.F. wings has really come into its own in the past few years. Until just recently, those two-inch gems were often overlooked or ignored by even some advanced wing collectors. Now it appears the hunt is on...and prices are responding accordingly. Thanks for posting gents!

Nice thread Ian! It seems the collecting of shirt-size A.A.F. wings has really come into its own in the past few years. Until just recently, those two-inch gems were often overlooked or ignored by even some advanced wing collectors. Now it appears the hunt is on...and prices are responding accordingly. Thanks for posting gents!

My sentiments exactly! It has only been recently that I have paid attention to them.

It's good to see others have had an interest.

Without this thread Ian, the "closet" door would have remained shut! :lol:

My sentiments exactly! It has only been recently that I have paid attention to them.

It's good to see others have had an interest.

Without this thread Ian, the "closet" door would have remained shut! :lol:

About time you came out of the closet JS!! :hug: