B-25 Boots help

snake36bravo

Long ago I got a commission to paint this aircraft and received a disk in the mail with this photograph. I used to have the unit down knowing the guys father, FW Bogan flew in the Med. A nasty divorce and many years later I haven't given up on the project or his request.

I was hoping someone with better references than my simple google research skills could help me pin the unit so I can get the tail markings correct.

So here it is, my call for help to immortalize this B-25 in a painting.

:thumbsup:

post-2582-1318378714.jpg

Cobrahistorian

My hunch is 321st BG, but I'll have to check.

EDIT: It may be the 447th Bomb Squadron of the 321st. The artwork and crew name font fits in with other 321st airplanes. Have you got a tail number?

Here's a Squadron roster: http://www.warwingsart.com/12thAirForce/spinglerroster.html Scratch that, he's not listed there. I'll see what else I can find.

Jon

My hunch is 321st BG, but I'll have to check.

EDIT: It may be the 447th Bomb Squadron of the 321st. The artwork and crew name font fits in with other 321st airplanes. Have you got a tail number?

Here's a Squadron roster: http://www.warwingsart.com/12thAirForce/spinglerroster.html Scratch that, he's not listed there. I'll see what else I can find.

Jon

Good pointer and many thanks. Could be any of the Bomb Groups from the 57th Wing but I think your right. Probably the 321st or 340th given the colors. That pocket patch is throwing me though as it's not lining up to the correct patch for the units.

Cobrahistorian
Good pointer and many thanks. Could be any of the Bomb Groups from the 57th Wing but I think your right. Probably the 321st or 340th given the colors. That pocket patch is throwing me though as it's not lining up to the correct patch for the units.

Yep, the patch isn't matching up with anything I've got either. Tough to tell. It is a great shot though!

Jon

L. Fisher is painted near the cockpit as CD (commander?) along with T/Sgt. Curtis as the Crew Chief. Bogan may have just have been a co-pilot at this point.

Johnny Signor

I checked all my WW-2 Bomb Group/Squadron image reff's and "no joy" on a similar looking patch , most likely either one of those "elusive-Unofficial" ones that didn't get documented , or possibly' a "Nose Art" type as some crews did wear patches of thier aircraft's nose art , sorry I couldn't nail it for you !

Johnny