Cole Bk IV knives

Frank Trzaska

Frank Trzaska

I recently obtained a very large collection and several of the knives were in MH Cole's Book IV. A few I have never seen before so I have been photographing them when I get the chance. Keeping some, selling some and enjoying them all!

All the best

Frank Trzaska

post-4426-1318375900.jpg

post-4426-1318375916.jpg

Frank,

Sincere appreciation for sharing these knives with your fellow collectors. It must be extremely gratifying to add to your collection the exact examples pictured in what is arguably the edged weapons collector's "bible".

Tim

Still-A-Marine

Thanks for posting Frank. Looking forward to seeing more.

Does the Cole book give values?

I am trying to put a number on my AU lion 1918 Trench knife

Cole's books do not list values. You need U.S. Military KNIVES BAYONETS and MACHETES PRICE GUIDE Fifth Edition by M. W. Silvey, Gary D. Boyd, & Frank Trzaska.

Bill

Cole's books do not list values. You need U.S. Military KNIVES BAYONETS and MACHETES PRICE GUIDE Fifth Edition by M. W. Silvey, Gary D. Boyd, & Frank Trzaska.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the information.

Bill

Hummm ,the last author's name looks familiar! :think:

Cool!

Frank Trzaska

Yeah, that would be me...

When Mr Cole commented on a Navy fellow owning one of these I wondered about it. Seeing the opposite side takes the wonder out of it! It was engraved with the owners name rank and service number.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

post-4426-1318788719.jpg

post-4426-1318788792.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Frank,

Thank you for sharing. While all are very interesting, a knife matching the serial number in the book erase all doubt about a knife being the "very knife" pictured.

Regards,

Curt

Does anyone know if the inscription on the Langbein was done by the maker? Looking at the one that Frank posted, I compared it to mine. It seems the style and size is very similar. Would be quite a coincidence if 2 different individuasl marked ther knives in the same style, but independently. Does anyone have a Langbein w similar writing/engraving? I have seen one other Langbein that had no script on it.

post-8804-1320359392.jpg