513th PIR Medals Named -- Yesterday Found -- Lucky Me

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

These medals are named to Lee E. Bauman, all the seller knew was that he was Airborne in WWII. Last Night I found him listed in 17th Airborne 513th Parachute Infantry Regiment Roster. The Medals in front of photo are supposed to be his original ones. I think they are called "slot-broach". The Purple Heart and Bronze Star have his name engraved. The Europe Campaign has a silver star and bronze arrowhead. There is also his WWII Victory Ribbon , a ruptured duck, as well as Purple Heart & Bronze Star Lapel Pins. The cased Purple Heart & Bronze Star in the back row are also engraved "Lee E. Bauman". The Purple Heart in the smallest case has been in it so long that the impression of the heart is on the gold material. Everything is excellent condition.

I was very pleased and honored to find them. Richard

suwanneetrader

Thanks I think I will probably sell them or try to trade for Something early USMC. I'm not having much luck finding out more about his service. I did find a site that lists all men in the 513th PIR and I printed the section with his name. With the silver star and arrowhead on his campaign medal he must have been in more than one battle, I wonder if he jumped in? Thanks for looking. Richard

....... With the silver star and arrowhead on his campaign medal he must have been in more than one battle, I wonder if he jumped in? Thanks for looking. Richard

Richard,

The Silver campaign star and arrowhead would indicate he was involved in five campaings and jumped in at least one.

Thanks I think I will probably sell them or try to trade for Something early USMC. I'm not having much luck finding out more about his service. I did find a site that lists all men in the 513th PIR and I printed the section with his name. With the silver star and arrowhead on his campaign medal he must have been in more than one battle, I wonder if he jumped in? Thanks for looking. Richard

Hi Richard,

Nice grouping you have there.

I will try to find out more about Bauman and let you know if I manage to come up with something.

If you intend to sell them, please let me know first!

Thanks,

Tom

suwanneetrader
Hi Richard,

Nice grouping you have there.

I will try to find out more about Bauman and let you know if I manage to come up with something.

If you intend to sell them, please let me know first!

Thanks,

Tom

suwanneetrader

Yesterday; A fellow in Texas who said his Dad was in the 513th contacted me and as I thought it would be nice to keep them in the family, so to speak, I sold everything to him. He is mailing a check if by some reason it does not arrive I will PM you. Maybe someday the Forum will have a section in alphabetical order in which each member can have a 2 or 3 word heading of what he collects (the item in alpha order not member name).. MOD OK to remove. Richard

Yesterday; A fellow in Texas who said his Dad was in the 513th contacted me and as I thought it would be nice to keep them in the family, so to speak, I sold everything to him. He is mailing a check if by some reason it does not arrive I will PM you. Maybe someday the Forum will have a section in alphabetical order in which each member can have a 2 or 3 word heading of what he collects (the item in alpha order not member name).. MOD OK to remove. Richard

Thanks for your reply. It´s good to know that it is getting a good home.

If this falls through one way or another, please let me know.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
suwanneetrader

Paul Madden trying to reach you But I deleted most of my PM's and deleted yours by mistake and e-mail also comes back. PM me Richard

• 1 year later...
suwanneetrader

Well It was over a year of checking back every month but I finally got the rest of Lee E Bauman's 17th Airborne 513 Regt Medals. They were in Deland, FL and we just got back and I'm too tired to photo and post tonight, but at least I found this old post. I was afraid with the new forum update it may have been lost. I will try to contact the 2 members who showed interest in them before and I will show the new photos here tomorrow afternoon or early evening. I guess persistence pays off. Richard :)

suwanneetrader

Here are the last of 513 th Parachute Infantry Regt., E Co Lee E. Bauman's medals. I believe some of these were ordered by him after WWII. The group of 4 (one with Occupation Germany in it) has a Good Conduct with his name in one line. The group of 3 Medals has his name on the Good Conduct in two lines. Both of the Europe Campaign Medals have a silver star and a bronze arrowhead on them. I have documentation with his serial number and a partial 513th PIR rooster with his name and company listed. Richard

Here is group of 4, I will have to make another post for the group of 3. I'm wondering if you can look at the original 2011 post with Purple Heart, etc.?

suwanneetrader

I can't get the year old attachments showing his group of original medals to open up maybe someone knows how.?? I no longer have thoe pictures in my computer. Richard

suwanneetrader

The 2 members I promised to contact if I got any additional Medals from Bauman's estate before I put them in our Forum FS section have not been on the Forum for awhile ---- TOMV in 5 months and Talon17 in a month. I sent PM's but if you know them give a heads-up. Thank you Richard

• 4 years later...