The General's Club

tsakers85

I got the idea for this thread from Robb over at The Colonel's Cache. I've just recently focused my collecting on GO uniforms and am greatly enjoying it.

For starters is the Ike jacket of Lt. Gen. Daniel Noce, Inspector General of the Army 1952 -1954. This was purchased from a fellow forum member.

NocewJacket.jpg

Class A Uniform of Major General Robert Creel Marshall.

General Marshall was awarded two Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart in 1944, was the first Deputy Chief of Staff Logistics US Army Forces Command in 1973, was the Program Manager of the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Command in 1974, and Deputy Chief of Engineers in 1976.

MarshallwJacket.jpg

Service uniform of Major General Andrew S. Low, Jr.

He served with Jimmy Stewart in WWII, the two became life long friends.

Director of Aerospace Programs, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, Programs and Resources, Headquarters U.S. Air Force - 1969

Retired 1971

LowwJacket.jpg

Mess jacket of Brigadier General Robert W. Williams.

He served under Patton during WWII, saw action in Korea, and served two tours in Vietnam as an intel officer.

Chief, Office of Operational Planning & Directives, National Security Agency - 1973

Retired 1974

WilliamswJacket.jpg

Class A Uniform of Brigadier General Jean G. Peltier.

General Peltier was awarded a Silver Star in 1944 for directing artillery fire from an exposed observation post while under heavy fire. He participated in eight campaigns during WWII serving with the 33d Field Artillery Battalion, 1st Infantry Division.

Peltier went on to command the 16th Engineer Brigade, Ohio National Guard and wrote the ONG report on the Kent State Shootings of 1970.

PeltierwJacket.jpg

Dress Blue uniform of Major General Charles Dwelle Daniel, Jr.

Graduated from USMA in 1946 and retired in 1979. Last major assignment was the United States Army Electronics Research and Development Command.

DanielwJacket.jpg

As I have told Schottsie (now CNYmilitaria), collecting attributed GO material is really addictive.

I see there is more Peltier stuff on eBay right now.

G

carbinephalen

WOW!!! It's amazing to see the photos of the men wearing those EXACT uniforms with the same insignia/ribbon configuration back in the day! Very nice. Did they come to you as shown or did you restore them to the photos?

WOW!!! It's amazing to see the photos of the men wearing those EXACT uniforms with the same insignia/ribbon configuration back in the day! Very nice. Did they come to you as shown or did you restore them to the photos?

Noce: insignia/decorations restored by previous owner

Marshall: all original

Low: decorations restored

Williams: decorations restored

Peltier: all original

Daniel: decorations restored

Dress Blue uniform of Major General Charles Dwelle Daniel, Jr.

Graduated from USMA in 1946 and retired in 1979. Last major assignment was the United States Army Electronics Research and Development Command.

That's funny...until I was looking here, I never realized I owned some of his other uniforms!

Daniels1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

New arrival...

Mess jacket of Brigadier General Leo Paul Geary.

Geary enlisted as an aviation cadet in April of 1941 and served as a B-24 pilot in Italy during WWII. He also went on to serve as deputy commander of the 1191st Squadron in Greece during this time.

Geary served as program director for the SR-71/YF-12A programs, Blackbird and Interceptor spy planes. He played a role in the rescue of Francis Gary Powers.

Geary's last duty assignments were as deputy commander of Kelly Air Force Base, Texas and defense attache to Pakistan.

GearywJacket.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Added another...

Class A Uniform of Lieutenant General Otto J. Guenther.

General Guenther was commissioned as a Signal officer in 1963 and served four tours in Vietnam. In 1992, he was assigned as post commander at Fort Monmouth, N.J. Guenther became the Army’s first chief information officer when Congress passed the Information and Technology Act in 1995.

GuentherwJacket.jpg

CNY Militaria

These are great! It is indeed an addiction. I should start a new thread on some of my recent GO additions.

Justin

These are great! It is indeed an addiction. I should start a new thread on some of my recent GO additions.

Justin

I'd like to see those Justin!

• 1 month later...

Latest addition:

Service cap of Brigadier General Paul Krause.

Krause enlisted in the US Army Corps of Engineers in 1941 and became a surveyor at Fort Clayton in the Panama Canal Zone. He entered the aviation cadet program in 1942 and received his navigator wings in September of 1943. Krause was then assigned to the 77th Troop Carrier Squadron of the 435th Troop Carrier Group. He was in the first wave of C-47s to drop paratroopers into Normandy during the D-Day Invasion. Krause also participated in the liberation of Holland, the Rhine River Crossing, and the aerial resupply of Bastogne.

In 1949 he became a radar navigator on the B-50 Super Fortress. Krause later served as chief of the Air Training Branch, 43rd Bombardment Wing. In 1966 he was assigned to Strategic Air Command as chief of the Avionics Division. Krause then assumed command of the 321st Strategic Missile Wing in 1970, part of the Minuteman Missile Program. His final assignment was as deputy director of operations, Command and Control, US European Command before retirement in 1975.

KrausewCap.jpg

Another fine addition! I am assuming this was from one of the recent ebay listings from this general?

It was indeed! I noticed two sellers with his items, both from Texas. There must have been a recent estate sale. That said, I question the mess jackets they are saying were his as the initials in one don't match the General.

I liked the set of fatigues they have listed but I felt $125 was a bit much. This cap seemed like a fair price though so I jumped on it.

CNY Militaria

I agree, the color insignia fatigue shirt was just on the border for me pricewise, but decided against it. Great pickup though!