2nd US Infantry Division - Certificate of Discharge for an german

Marksman

Hello,

i hope this is the right Place to posting this Paper document. Its been american and also a german document.

I found this today on the Fleamarked.

Nice big stamp from the 2nd Infantry Division!

Greetings

Stefan

post-54820-1318000050.jpg

That is a piece of US militaria that would be very hard to fund in the USA. It's Control Form D.2. the discharge certificate issued to Germans released from Allied POW camps after the war ended.

The website at http://www.bills-bunker.de/171948.html has a nice description:

The certificate of discharge was the most precious possession for the released POW, as it guaranteed him ration cards and a job on registering with his local authorities. Another valued item could be obtained with this D.2, the blue dye which was needed to change the colour of the Wehrmacht uniform. The discharge paper was an improvised ID, a vital paper to start a new existence in the new Germany.On release everyone received rations. 500 grams of bread and 125 grams of cold meat or 500 grams of bread and 40 grams of butter. In the months from July to December 1945 a total of 98.874 rations were handed out to the POWs.

It looks like this person had been in the Luftwaffe, or Air Force as it would have been written on this form:

luft.jpg

Hello,

thanks for the informations.

The Document are stamped on the back with Lebensmittelkarten (ration cards), Arbeitsamt (Job center) and Einwohnermeldeamt (local registration office)

I dont know in whitch part of the Wehrmacht he was. The only information is that he was a radio operator (Funker) in his civil life. In his Arbeitsbuch are written that he spoks foreign languages like English, French, Spain.

Greetings Stefan

post-54820-1318003493.jpg

post-54820-1318003502.jpg

• 9 years later...

Very helpful to know! I also have a Certificate of Discharge on Control Form D.2. for a German woman that was compelled into some kind of service in the last year of the war, when she was 18.  It doesn't indicate which organization she served in, and just says that she was discharged from the "30 Div D.G.F. Camp" in Plauen, Germany.  Does anyone know what "D.G.F" stands for? I'm including a picture below. Thanks!

Certificate of Discharge Control Form D.2..png