"Band of Brothers" M-1942 Jump-suit

Sabrejet

"Band of Brothers", like "Saving Private Ryan" before it, was largely filmed here in the UK. Several of my collector friends were directly involved with both productions in various capacities..pretty much "Access all areas" stuff! When production ceased, many props and costumes found their way onto the UK collectors' market...even now 10+ years on, the phrase "As used in BoB/SPR" is often used to promote the sale of items...alas, frequently spuriously!

No such problem with the jump-suit you see here which I acquired more or less straight from the set. It has a "BoB Wardobe - Issued" stamp on both the jacket and pants. I'm not saying that these were worn by one of the principal characters, but they were seen on-screen. They were manufactured by SM Wholesale and are of the highest quality...very close indeed to an original big-bucks set, especially with the wear and tear imparted by use.

Firstly, the wardrobe stamp.

post-8022-1317993868.jpg

46R -- not for WWII era small generation. Today everybody is "Bull" Randleman :lol:

Fits me fine Greg...and I'm not overweight either!

Fits me fine Greg...and I'm not overweight either!

I bow my forehead! :bravo:

Majority of modern Abn reenactors with their big bellies and overweight look like misunderstanding in this hobby.

I bow my forehead! :bravo:

Majority of modern Abn reenactors with their big bellies and overweight look like misunderstanding in this hobby.

I agree with you Greg. Personally, I've never re-enacted, but I've seen many "paratroopers" who wouldn't fit through the door of a C-47...and about 25 years too old! Still...they're having fun I suppose?! :rolleyes:

Great set, thanks for sharing! It's always fun to see props or wardrobe items from the BOB or SPR set.

I do find it rather fascinating to see the progression in the quality of reproduction uniforms from the mid-nineties until now, ie. the dark days before the U.S./airborne explosion. It was an era that proceeded the years of refinement and research from the quality vendors that we're lucky enough to benefit from today. That said, S&M put together a very nice uniform set for the movie's production. :thumbsup:

Great set, thanks for sharing! It's always fun to see props or wardrobe items from the BOB or SPR set.

I do find it rather fascinating to see the progression in the quality of reproduction uniforms from the mid-nineties until now, ie. the dark days before the U.S./airborne explosion. It was an era that proceeded the years of refinement and research from the quality vendors that we're lucky enough to benefit from today. That said, S&M put together a very nice uniform set for the movie's production. :thumbsup:

Thanks. This particular set would date from '99-'00. I doubt whether it's been surpassed by other similar products which have entered the marketplace in the past eleven years.

Thanks. This particular set would date from '99-'00. I doubt whether it's been surpassed by other similar products which have entered the marketplace in the past eleven years.

You're probably right. Guys like Juan at WWII Impressions and Rollin at At the Front have worked hard on refining the look a lot over the years, but I picked up one of S&M's camo uniforms from The Pacific and found the quality exceptional. My statements meant to reflect the state of reproductions more from the SPR era or before.

Hi Ian, Thats a really nice looking M-42 Jump Suit Set you have got there i know there not the Original Reinforced

but its still nice to have items belonging to these Great Filims that were made as having them as Memoribilia

it's nice to think you have Uniforms that were Shot and used on screen in these great Films or Mini-Series should i say :thumbsup: .

Yes indeed Tomas. If it was put through the wash-cycle half a dozen times and then treated the snaps to a light wire-wooling it'd probably fool all but the most expert collectors...which is kind of scary really!

Ian

Yes indeed Tomas. If it was put through the wash-cycle half a dozen times and then treated the snaps to a light wire-wooling it'd probably fool all but the most expert collectors...which is kind of scary really!

Ian

Enough to give me nightmares :unsure: ..Actually i wish now that i had one of these items in my collection,getting a bit nostalgic perhaps? :think: ...........517th

Enough to give me nightmares :unsure: ..Actually i wish now that i had one of these items in my collection,getting a bit nostalgic perhaps? :think: ...........517th

How's about a trade then, 517th?! ;)

( Great game...fantastic result. Cymru am byth!)

Ian

Hey Ian, You are 100% correct there you would be actually suprised who would pay out Hundereds of Dollars thinking these are an Original Set like the Fake Set that Sold on EBay this Week for a couple of Hundered Dollars Each, Jacket, and Trousers. But if you know your Stuff when it comes to the Original Reinforcing you can tell the Difference straight away by looking at it :thumbsup: By the Way WALES Did Well Today in N.Z CONGRATS :w00t: .

Hey Ian, You are 100% correct there you would be actually suprised who would pay out Hundereds of Dollars thinking these are an Original Set like the Fake Set that Sold on EBay this Week for a couple of Hundered Dollars Each, Jacket, and Trousers. But if you know your Stuff when it comes to the Original Reinforcing you can tell the Difference straight away by looking at it :thumbsup: By the Way WALES Did Well Today in N.Z CONGRATS :w00t: .

Cheers Tomas...great game! :thumbsup:

• 8 years later...