Ebay class act!

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

I was searching around the net for info on my Dads late Uncle, Ken Garrison who was a Pearl Harbor survivor from the USS Nevada. To my suprise, i found this autographed photo on ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290605006515

Since the auction was over with no bids, i contacted the seller and told him my connection and asked if he could relist and I would purchase. The seller contacted me back within a short time and said since it was a relative he could not possibly charge me and to send my address. This exchange occurred on Friday night, the photo showed up yesterday. How cool is that? It gives me a little faith that there are still some decent ebay dealers!

Reminds me of a similar story that happened to me with a very different ending. Around 10-years ago I was checking out the Civil War section of the militaria thread. (My great-grandfather (along with his brother) fought in the 4th R.I.V.) I would always check the section by doing a search on the 4th. One morning I got a hit--it turned out to be my grandfather's actual discharge papers. I was pretty stoked on seeing them so I quickly put in a bid. I was the high bidder for the rest of the week. On the final minutes of the auction someone else started to bid as well. I was hitting my bids just as fast as he was. (I had no clue about max-bids or sniping). Needless to say I was outbid and very pissed-off. I managed to contact the auction winner and pleaded w/ him to sell me the papers. He wouldn't do it, as he was putting them in a Calif. military museum ???? (My grandfather had no connection with Calif. what so ever) I still haven't got over it......

You Did very well there and i'm happy for you that you did find a piece of your

Family Military History on EBay it will mean a lot to you i know.. :thumbsup: Well Done.

It just goes to show that the older generation of sellers on EBay i find are more very down to earth and easly work with

its not all about the money with them at the end of the day how much they can profit,

Not like the younger generation selling on EBay.