Post~KW USAF CWO4 character

rr01

rr01,

I guess you would enjoy the Polish movie of 1930 under the title of "Gwiaździsta eskadra" ("Starry Squadron") based on Cooper's biography and his participation in the air war against the Soviet aggression.

rr01,

I guess you would enjoy the Polish movie of 1930 under the title of "Gwiaździsta eskadra" ("Starry Squadron") based on Cooper's biography and his participation in the air war against the Soviet aggression.

I would but reading about it saddens me to know that all copies were supposed to have been destroyed during the Soviet years. Amazingly, I just happened to catch "Dawn Patrol" last night and hope to eventually own a copy. The flying scenes are right up there with "Hells Angels". I know this is about uniforms and accuracy but I'm still an airplane guy.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
AFCMNAP47-81

I'll bow to your experience and consider adding the MoH door gunner.

The story is not necessarily something that will be the center of this costuming but a part of what did actually take place which is the Sgt/pilots and the ones who remained NCOs or took warrants and continued to be pilots in the Air Force until the mid 1950s. As has been noted elsewhere, NCOs with command pilot wings were common even after Vietnam but what is not so well known is the contribution made by Sgt/pilots throughout the early years of US military aviation.

military aviation.

You perhaps mean the two and then only one Sergeant Pilots Ever to serve in the USAF. One died in 1949 in crash, leaving One, George Holmes, he retired in 1957

The Air Force doesn't appreciate Warrant Officers-they have none, unless recently implemented. The last Sergeant Pilot retired in 1957, some few years prior to our in depth involvement in Vietnam-where/when are these Non Commissioned Officers with command pilot wings you refer to?