Bush Jacket in Camo

Red Devil

I picked up this interesting one the other day. It's a 50's dated USAF bush jacket but it has had a camouflage scheme applied at one point or another, fairly well done in green and brown. There are outlines of airman stripes on the sleeves but I would guess they were removed before the camo application. There is no paint smell and its wear indicates its been like this for some time.

Anyone seen anything like this or have an idea why someone might paint up their bush jacket? All comments are most welcomed!

-Johannes

post-9214-1317590928.jpg

Surplus used by a hunter....maybe? I can see no other reason for it to be camouflaged.

My conclusion also, or an old paintball jacket. I can think of no military application for this, but then again maybe someone can :)

My conclusion also, or an old paintball jacket. I can think of no military application for this, but then again maybe someone can :)

This style of jacket was short-lived, warm weather , garrison wear. Airmen obviously didn't need such improvised camo gear. I think we're probably looking at something which has been applied post-military use.

Looks cool to me. Could have been done by anyone from duckhunter to paintballer until you bump into a picture of a SF trooper in Laos in 1962 wearing the same type of jacket !

Looks cool to me. Could have been done by anyone from duckhunter to paintballer until you bump into a picture of a SF trooper in Laos in 1962 wearing the same type of jacket !

Or an early 60s airman in south vietnam,like a member of the air commandos

It looks like one of those self camouflage jobs you sometimes see on jungle fatigues done with spray paint.

It would surprise me if a self respecting hunter would have worn this. That green looks like the shade they used to use on the interior of aircraft. I think this might have been done by a service member, but who knows why?

I'm searching for the helmet to complete the set! :lol:

Heck! I'm looking for Carrie Fisher to complete my set! Every young boy who watched the original Star Wars movies LOVED Princess Leia! :thumbsup:

Nice jacket! I love hand camo'd pieces.