4th Infantry Division - LCVP

med-dept

Hello guys,

This weekend, members of GI 44-45 Living History Group (UK) had the fortune to travel on an LCVP. Here are a few photographs from my camera:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Regards,

Ben.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice experience !!! Like our group on D-Day 2011 but we had the chance to beach on UTAH.

The BIG mistake is the M41 it must be wear Under the HBT jacket in the 8th regiment.

And litte detail put a lot of friction tape on the wooden part , the original 4th ID toggle rope was field made in england it's not british issue

IVY FIRST !

Looks good fellows. Just a side note I had a 2nd cousin Sgt A J House, Co K 12 Inf Reg/ 4th Inf Div made D Day, was KIA 8 June 1944

Looks good fellows. Just a side note I had a 2nd cousin Sgt A J House, Co K 12 Inf Reg/ 4th Inf Div made D Day, was KIA 8 June 1944

Thanks, if you wanted to PM any info, I'll factor a visit to the areas he might have been in, next time we are in Normandy.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job guys! I had the "pleasure" of riding in a WW2 Higgins boat during the 50th Anniversary of D-Day recreated beach landing in Chicago. We had a boatload of around 30 British Commandos, with piper on board. It was a bit rough, and we started taking water, but all made it to shore safely. I believe we had around 800 re-enactors there, with about 600 Allies "storming the beach" being brought in by the lca, and about 6-7 newer landing craft-complete with pyro and air support. Truly memorable to be able to ride in on one of those old boats!