17th AB PH engraved id'd opinions !

Navy Dan

Hi Everyone,

I just got the PH that goes with the 17th AB grouping I posted before. I had to wait but glad the group is back together.

I have not seen an army PH engraved like this before. I feel good with the history and where it came from just wanted to put it out for opinions.

Thanks

Dan

post-2552-1317574273.jpg

post-2552-1317574316.jpg

post-2552-1317574355.jpg

Well, easy enough for even me to state that it's not official engraving. :lol: However, it looks REALLY cool! I like it! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, I figured it was not official but it looks period engraved to me. It is really well done I like it to.

Well, easy enough for even me to state that it's not official engraving. :lol: However, it looks REALLY cool! I like it! :thumbsup:

He was WIA on the 17th's jump into germany. He was shot in the foot on his way down.

That is a really nice heart. No way was that meant to deceive. Was he a KIA or was he WIA?

Maybe not official engraving, but it looks period done. And best of all it looks really cool. I wouldn't hesitate going for that one.

Congrats on a great grouping!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was lucky enough and honored to become the caretaker of this grouping from a friend of my dad 's at no charge. I don't have many army groupings but this one is preety cool !!

Maybe not official engraving, but it looks period done. And best of all it looks really cool. I wouldn't hesitate going for that one.

Congrats on a great grouping!! :thumbsup:

Thanks ! I will take good care of it and it has a place of honor ! quote name='TomV' date='Oct 2 2011, 05:42 PM' post='921913']

an absolutely WONDERFUL grouping you have there. Take good care of it ! :thumbsup:

Dan,

You are very fortunate to be the care taker of such a nice group from a Paratrooper that made one of the last Jumps in WWII.

Regards,

John