Australian made 1st Marine Div Patches

pozieres

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy an Australian-made 1st Marine Division patch. I'm familiar with the felt ones, but some websites are also selling cotton patches as Australian-made (see http://www.flyingtigerantiques.com/m...ry_Code=05mcpa for an example).

Is the black cotton backing an indication of an Aussie-made patch? If not, what are the characteristics of a cotton patch that mark it as Aussie made?

Cheers,

Poz

canadian bacon

im not really a patch guy but after looking at so of the other items they have i dont see any reason why it wouldnt be real i would keep in mind that imho their prices seem a little high on every thing

just my $0.02

cheers michael

Garth Thompson
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy an Australian-made 1st Marine Division patch. I'm familiar with the felt ones, but some websites are also selling cotton patches as Australian-made (see http://www.flyingtigerantiques.com/m...ry_Code=05mcpa for an example).

Is the black cotton backing an indication of an Aussie-made patch? If not, what are the characteristics of a cotton patch that mark it as Aussie made?

Cheers,

Poz

The Australian made USMC patches are done in what is called a bevo style basically a thin material with the unit design woven integrally. Some have a black backing material some not. The one on the website you posted is way over priced for a Australian made 1st Division which is the most common of the australian made USMC patches. Here are pictures of a few for you to examine.

Garth

post-83-1317560426.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 10/2/2011 at 9:00 AM, Garth Thompson said:

The Australian made USMC patches are done in what is called a bevo style basically a thin material with the unit design woven integrally. Some have a black backing material some not. The one on the website you posted is way over priced for a Australian made 1st Division which is the most common of the australian made USMC patches. Here are pictures of a few for you to examine.

Garth

post-83-1317560426.jpg

On 10/2/2011 at 9:01 AM, Garth Thompson said:

The backs

post-83-1317560461.jpg

• 2 years later...