Multicam

coolcav20

Hello, I am starting this topic on multicam. So if you have any patched multicam jackets or pictures of soldiers wearing it, then please post them. Also I saw this for sale and was wondering if it was authentic GI issue because it does not look like the ones I've seen that look like the acu's. Thanks Nick

post-50849-1317416030.jpg

I think that is a commercial Multicam top that is cut in the old BDU style. This warrant officer is a friend of mine who just retired this year, taken while in Afghanistan when he was with the 25th ID.

post-32676-1317439741.jpg

Moderators please note: This image is included for academic reasons to further the discussion on the use of Multicam. Thank you.

Multicam was recently adopted for use by British forces serving in Afghanistan. It replaced the older desert pattern DPM. In British parlance it's known as MTP...Multi-Terrain Pattern, but is essentially the same as Crye Industry's Multicam as used by the US Army.

post-8022-1317474123.jpg

bravo_2_zero
Moderators please note: This image is included for academic reasons to further the discussion on the use of Multicam. Thank you.

Multicam was recently adopted for use by British forces serving in Afghanistan. It replaced the older desert pattern DPM. In British parlance it's known as MTP...Multi-Terrain Pattern, but is essentially the same as Crye Industry's Multicam as used by the US Army.

post-8022-1317474123.jpg

And on a little more of a side note, the British MTP has now changed uniform cut that almost mirrors the ACU design.

The jacket features include:

Velcro backed for patches arm pockets,

Body armour access chest pockets,

Mandarin collar

Elbow pads

The pants feature:

Angled entry cargo pockets

Ankle pockets ( early issue ones )

Knee pads.

And another. This time members of the 10th Mountain Division in Logar Province. Notice the soldier kneeling in the backround still has ACU's.

post-50849-1317482308.jpg

Does anyone know what units are wearing multicam-other than spec ops?

At least a couple of federal LE units use Multicam. However we also still have, and wear, woodland camo and solid colors for certain situations.

post-8022-1317474123.jpg

Ian,

Desert pattern DPM will remain on issue. MTP will replace the old Green DPM. At the moment only unit's in Afghan are allowed to wear it. Once back in the UK they go back to the old Green DPM until the Army decides to do the swap -when enough of it is produced i should think.

When new it looks awful but after a few washes it looks the part.

Rich

CNY Militaria

Everyone in Afghanistan should be wearing MC, or that is the goal at least. It is called OCP= OEF Camoflauge Pattern

bravo_2_zero
This photo was sent to me by a buddy of some hard-core mean looking special ops types in the Stan.

It's hard to say who or even which nation these troops are as most of the modern world armies now wear multicam or a copy of. It looks like the guy in desert vest looks like DPM but it's not it looks like some sort of ex-Russian adoption repro DPM.

Polish Grom

British SAS

British SBS

Aussie SASR

Kiwi SAS

American SF

Could be anyone.

Mulitcam is issued to units in Afghanistan, but I remember something being said about having to turn them in when returning......

It's hard to say who or even which nation these troops are as most of the modern world armies now wear multicam or a copy of. It looks like the guy in desert vest looks like DPM but it's not it looks like some sort of ex-Russian adoption repro DPM.

Fifth on your list. Kabul hotel siege earlier this year. Guy in vest is the terp.

Polish Grom

British SAS

British SBS

Aussie SASR

Kiwi SAS

American SF

Could be anyone.

I think it said in the news reports I saw that these were KIWI SAS

All of the Australian infantry patrolling 'outside the wire' are wearing the Multicam. They are also being issued body armour in multicam called Tiered Body Armour System (TBAS) that comes complete with multicam pouches and a day pack. So it isn't just SF that has it now.

Australia I beleive is going to be getting rid of the current DPCU at some time in the next few years for an 'australianised' version of multicam that will be produced here (a company has a licence to produce).

• 4 weeks later...
This photo was sent to me by a buddy of some hard-core mean looking special ops types in the Stan.

That is Australian SF,from the ADF website

Multicam shirts and pants made by Platypus Outdoors in Melbourne