Massive fake airborne lot on ebay.

ken88

canadian bacon

the last three items look to be the same however with a starting bid of only 9.99 i think its still a fair deal even for a fake item as long as the parts are legit

cheers michael

The problem is is that they are listing it as original WW2 stuff right from the vet !!! They either don't know it, which is hard to believe because they have excellent descriptions and know the terminology, or they are misrepresenting this on purpose. Either way it is not right. Some less experienced collector could loose their shirt !!

I've been going over these folks' feedback and they misrepresent allot of things. There was a G-1 jacket with an AAC patch described as AAC. That sold for almost 400. He has 15 negative feedbacks and 14 neutrals in the past year. He sold a reenactment Marine jump jacket as real got a neg. feedback but it was reversed when he made good on it. He does get good stuff mixed in there. He should be reported to ebay.

Notice he refers to the stuff as "vintage" and not original.

He claims that the stuff is WW2 era. WW2 Era means it is original and he also claims it is from the vets estate. Clearly a misrepresentation. No mistaking it . Check out the oval on the Ike jacket. I've emailed him on several of the items. Especially the Nam liner and the bogus chin cup.

I think this is just a "vintage clothing" seller who doesn't know any better and didn't bother to try to look any of the stuff up. The vintage clothing dealer is very dangerous, much like your average antique dealer. They know just enough to THINK they know everything, and not enough to even "get it" when you try to tell them their stuff isn't what they think it is. They're not necessarily deceptive though. Just my opinion, based on experience with dealers of all sorts of "old stuff" who don't specialize in military.

[quote name='manayunkman' date='Sep 29 2011, 04:43 PM' post=

.......... I've emailed him on several of the items........

Have you heard back from the seller yet? Maybe send him another note ??

I have not heard from them. If you check their feedback you will see that they sell quite a lot of military items. Some of it is really nice. The items they do have are correctly identified 75% of the time but they are weak on descriptions and most of the pictures are fuzzy. They do have quite a few neutrals and negatives and I don't think it will take much longer before they are suspended. They are taking a big chance if they do not change the category to reproductions. I love that 48 star flag. Shouldn't it be a little bigger ;)

OK. I got 3 emails from them and they all say the exact same thing.

" In addition to most of the pieces being war dated and ID'd, the grouping was purchased at a VERY well respected Firearms and Militaria auction that we've worked with numerous times and we trust their experts. "

So they are convinced that what they have is real or they don't care or they do know and don't care. Ebay does not police itself. It relies on the public to report people.

OK. I got 3 emails from them and they all say the exact same thing.

" In addition to most of the pieces being war dated and ID'd, the grouping was purchased at a VERY well respected Firearms and Militaria auction that we've worked with numerous times and we trust their experts. "

So they are convinced that what they have is real or they don't care or they do know and don't care. Ebay does not police itself. It relies on the public to report people.

At this point what can ya do, really? Nothing. We've must have seen more than 100 threads just like this one and no one can do anything, at least these items don't look original, any collector with more than a few months of learning behind him shouldn't fall it for.

People are bidding away on them,too...The jump jacket has 14 bids with over 5 days left!

I see some big money being spent on some of these.

I e-mailed the seller this statement, "There is a problem with this helmet (and many of the other items you have listed). This is not an original WW2 paratrooper helmet and the liner dates from the 1960s" and added my museum title and signature line to it. No response. :think: