A Marine 2nd Scout Co.,2nd Marine Division patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

I was digging around,and found this one in the bottom of my patch box,I'd forgotten I had it.

On the back,someone has ID'd it as the "2nd Scouts,USMC".Not sure of the era on this one.

Any info on this one will be greatly appreciated.Thanks. :)

post-13386-1317083493.jpg

Well, there is a list of maybe 10 different Disney designs that were originally drawn for the Marine Corps during WWII that have been reproduced by at least 2 different companies in the 70's for collectors. This is one of those designs. I have at least 2 different variations of a few of these patches and some are Japanese made and some US made. I also see them printed on canvas and felt and labeled studio patches like the one above. All of these are not original to WWII, but still collected by some collectors as novelty items. They don't command a high value and they are relatively common. Hope that helps. - Jeff

Patchcollector
Well, there is a list of maybe 10 different Disney designs that were originally drawn for the Marine Corps during WWII that have been reproduced by at least 2 different companies in the 70's for collectors. This is one of those designs. I have at least 2 different variations of a few of these patches and some are Japanese made and some US made. I also see them printed on canvas and felt and labeled studio patches like the one above. All of these are not original to WWII, but still collected by some collectors as novelty items. They don't command a high value and they are relatively common. Hope that helps. - Jeff

Thanks for the info Jeff!The patch is nicely made,probably in Japan.I picked it up for a couple of bucks.

I was thinking it may have been a later version from the 50's.I could'nt find a detailed history of the unit

online,I was wondering if they were active after WW2?