FANK--A History of the Cambodian Armed Forces 1970-1975

Longhorn92

FANK--A History of the Cambodian Armed Forces 1970-1975, By Ken Conboy, Equinox Publishing, is a new book which focuses solely on the history of FANK in the late stages of the Vietnam War.

I have yet to finish it, but it appears well edited thus far and it's easy to read, mostly containing lists of units with brief descriptions. A bonus is the large amount of insignia, in color, as used by each branch of FANK.

I was hoping for more UITG/FTC info but there are only a few brief sentences scattered throughout the book mentioning UITG/FTC. It's good info, however.

It's paperback but large format and although the author himself calls the work "very dry," anyone interested in this aspect of the war should consider buying it, if only for a good reference source on this subject.

• 2 weeks later...
River Patrol

So there is no or little information on U.S. Advisors/Trainers/MEDTC?

So there is no or little information on U.S. Advisors/Trainers/MEDTC?

There is some good info on UITG/FTC/MEDTC but not as much as I'd hoped for. It's pretty sparse but what's there is good.

I'd still recommend it. I think it's a great reference book.

• 2 weeks later...
This book has a different cover from the one that started this thread. Same author though!

I wonder if its the same? Or, did I get it wrong...

I wonder if its the same? Or, did I get it wrong...

Different book although still a good one to have for the reference library. FANK--A History of the Cambodian Armed Forces 1970-1975 is the book that started the thread. Photograph of the cover attached below. It is a large oversized paperback. Amazon has it for $65 which is where I purchased mine. I think it is worth every penny. And to answer an earlier question, yes it contains, many, many photographs.

post-3151-1318875507.png

any pictures ?

Yes sir. Pics of troops and insignia.

Does the book address the Khmer / Cambodian Air force at all?

Yes, lots of good unit info and insignia in a chapter about the AF.