Estate sale uniform. Engineer Special Brigade

irish

Very interesting overseas cap! But you definitely cannot doubt the authenticity with the portrait of him wearing it. Looks like a nice little group--should make an interesting research project. Good luck!

Justin

Very cool uniform and overseas cap. That cap might be normally suspicious as being put together, but the photograph puts that idea to rest very easily. Once again, very nice grouping!

Very nice score. To see him in the photo with same uniform and all the insignia is just outstanding. Love it.

M

Except for the Di's on the lapels. Wonder what they were. :think:

I love photos of soldiers wearing uniforms that are just like they took them off and hung them in the closet for the next 65 plus years. The photo showing the ESB patch on the cap is FANTASTIC.

Allan

...the Di's on the lapels. Wonder what they were...

It looks like a patch-type pin for Engineer Amphibian Units SSI (as on the the Tec. 5’s left shoulder).

Corpsmancollector
I love photos of soldiers wearing uniforms that are just like they took them off and hung them in the closet for the next 65 plus years. The photo showing the ESB patch on the cap is FANTASTIC.

Allan

Couldn't have put it better myself. Simply an outstanding grouping Irish and made all the more special with the unique OS cap and a picture of the soldier wearing!

Just a great find :thumbsup:

Look forward to hearing about your further research!

Will

It looks like a patch-type pin for Engineer Amphibian Units SSI (as on the the Tec. 5’s left shoulder).

Yes that is correct. the photo does not show it clearly. The Di's are the patch type equal of the Amphibian Units patch. Likely removed by the vet at some point post war.

My Great Uncle was is one of the Engineer Special Brigades in the pacific. His uniform is setup the exact same way. The wearing of the ESB patch on the cap is very common and is not suspect at all. I would be more surprised to not see it on the cap.