Would You Have Been Drafted?

mgkusmc

Check this out guys, ever wonder if you would have been drafted for service during Vietnam? Check out this generator that tells you if you would have been drafted

http://www.backwash.com/content_frame.php?...p;retPath=top40

A score of 196 or below means you would have to report for service in the united states military. A score of 197 and above you are safe.

Mike Kirby

P.S. My score was 024 guess I'll see ya in the jungle...

Drat, 175 for myself. Looks like i'll be seeing you in the jungle as well. :unsure:

Hah, you posted while I was typing my reply up Andrei, US citizen or not you still took the test. ;)

- Jeff

164 ........ reporting for duty, Sir!

A Belgian draftee in the US Army going in the Vietnamese jungle ..... talking about international !!!! :blink:

Erwin

guess I'd've had to go the old fashioned way...through the Marine Corps recruiting office :lol:

Sign me up!

Running throught the jungle with my M-16....

I was #301. Unfortunately, I was also in Officer Training School when the numbers came out. Eighteen months later, I was in Vietnam.

We were between classes when someone got the newspaper with the numbers. One of the guys in my flight (he had just started an architecture firm in Minneapolis) walked in, asked his number, said "See ya'" and dropped out that day. He was well over 300 in the list. That happened in every squadron.

I was #301. Unfortunately, I was also in Officer Training School when the numbers came out. Eighteen months later, I was in Vietnam.

We were between classes when someone got the newspaper with the numbers. One of the guys in my flight (he had just started an architecture firm in Minneapolis) walked in, asked his number, said "See ya'" and dropped out that day. He was well over 300 in the list. That happened in every squadron.

hahaha

Drat, 175 for myself. Looks like i'll be seeing you in the jungle as well. :unsure:

Hah, you posted while I was typing my reply up Andrei, US citizen or not you still took the test. ;)

- Jeff

Well, I would have worn a jungle jacket for real...

When my cousin Illya joined the Foreign Legion in 1972, one of his DI was a German NCO who was in Vietnam with the Marines.

The 173rd Abn paratrooper standing bareheaded in the famous picture "The Agony of War" is a German national and Foreign Legion veteran.

post-467-1195432876.jpg

88thcollector

I know the draft ended officially in 1973 but I think the last call ups were earlier than that. I turned 18 in 1973 and I recall that the draft was of some concern earlier but I don't remember really worrying about it much.

thanks

I know the draft ended officially in 1973 but I think the last call ups were earlier than that. I turned 18 in 1973 and I recall that the draft was of some concern earlier but I don't remember really worrying about it much.

thanks

I drew 151. I turned 18 in the fall of '72, right after I graduated from High School and I knew I would be drafted. A buddy of mine whose Dad had done three tours in Viet-Nam said that it would be best if I went in as an Officer, so check on ROTC. I did (at the local Junior College where I was going to school) and when they told me that I needed to come up with $75 for the uniform I said "screw it," let them draft me. Keep in mind that my car payments back then were $52/mo, so $75 was a LOT of money. The next year they put the draft on hold and that was the end of that. In '74 they reclassified me to 1H and gave me Random Seq. No. 065. Even lower--don't know why. Of course, by that time they weren't drafting.

By the way, Andrei, it didn't matter if you were a US citizen, or not. If you were a legal resident (i.e. you had a "blue card"), your butt was going US citizen, or not!

310, I'm safe but I would've went anyways if I could. How do they determain by your birthday anyhow?

Well what they did was they put every date of the year in a jar or glass bowl and started drawing at random and each date was given a numerical number as it was drawn i.e. if January 1st was drawn 1st then it got the draft number 1 if October 5th was the 24th date drawn it got the draft number 24 and so on. Once all drawn and given a number they would pull that draft number out and call up everyone on that birthdate that was eligible for the draft for service and this would go on until they no longer needed people. It stopped at draft number 196.

Hope that answers your question.

Mike Kirby