Vietnam War era ARVN pack?

Tonomachi

I decided to take a chance and purchased this backpack at the flea market today for $25.00. There is a rectangular faded stamp and a smaller really faded oval stamp on the inside flap of this backpack. Can anyone tell me if this is an original ARVN pack?

post-1389-1195422737.jpg

post-1389-1195422748.jpg

post-1389-1195422760.jpg

post-1389-1195422774.jpg

donation2008.gif
lebelmilitaria
I decided to take a chance and purchased this backpack at the flea market today for $25.00. There is a rectangular faded stamp and a smaller really faded oval stamp on the inside flap of this backpack. Can anyone tell me if this is an original ARVN pack?

you have a NVA or PAVN rucksack, i'm not going to venture a guess on its vintage though, so i'm saying it could be from 1960-2007. usually real wartime ones have a rubberized material type "sweat shield", but i cant tell what type of material is used on the one on the ruck.

I agree with lebelmilitaria 100%. Definitely NVA or PAVN pack.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

Greg Robinson

There is a canvas rucksack that is similar to the US issue tropical rucksack that was used by ARVN troops. It had a metal "X" frame in the back. Those were all over the place in unissued condition in the 1970's, then got rare and expensive for a while, and recently I've seen them all over the place again,

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER, SADLY, HAS PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/106069-rip-greg-robinson/

• 12 years later...

I would have to agree with the PAVN/NVA ruck as the materials, pocket ties and the 3 outer pocket configuration is pretty indicative to those packs although they did also have a 2 external pocket pack but it also had ties.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.