First Division Museum at Cantigny

Firstsonsofthenation

As a visitor to Cantigny for more than 50 years, I can assure anyone who has NOT seen this museum - you are missing a first class exhibit!

Ditto... I loved Cantigny since going there on a 6th grade field trip. The exhibits and the tanks alone are worth seeing. I must find time to go there again!

As a visitor to Cantigny for more than 50 years, I can assure anyone who has NOT seen this museum - you are missing a first class exhibit!

Couldn't agree more, it is a great place to spend the day. Beautiful landscape and a top notch mueseum.

I concur, it's much like some of the better euopean museums, in that it tells a good story and shows a lot of really neat historical artifacts! I was lucky enough to go there in a trip to the Chicago area a few years ago and really liked it. :thumbsup:

Has anyone who visited this museum taken any photos? Love to see some.
When I was there, you couldn't take photos inside. I'm still ticked about that. Maybe it's changed since then...

Firstsonsofthenation
When I was there, you couldn't take photos inside. I'm still ticked about that. Maybe it's changed since then...

it has. photos are ok. You just are not supposed to publish without asking permission.

it has. photos are ok. You just are not supposed to publish without asking permission.
Good to know. I was seething for weeks after my visit that I couldn’t take photos of the Jack Thompson (war correspondent of course) tanker jacket on display when I was there last. I should have just taken the shot then feigned ignorance if approached after the fact.

• 2 weeks later...
Military Engineer

A great museum with a very professional staff. I traveled six hours to see the museum and was not disappointed.