Enemy capture photos

Fixbayonets!

By way of an interesting spin-off, there's been some debate on the forum as to whether or not US tankers actually wore B-7 goggles in the ETO in WW2. This is obviously an ETO pic and the tanker, apart from wearing the goggles, is armed, so either hostilities are still on-going or it's an immediate post-war occupation scene. Is the photo dated? :think:

The photo is not dated but it does come from the wartime photo album of a 38th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron tank commander, the tanker in the photo is one of his crew.

Rob

And this one ............. "Iron Crosses anyone ?"

post-633-1316773635.jpg

Great photos, thanks for posting! If I remember correctly, I think you have a stash of some really nice captured flag photos. :think:

Rob

Here is another one:

Orly Field, Paris - January, 1946

1408th AAF Base Unit, ATC

post-168-1316780767.jpg

Okay... just to clarify... Photos of US GI's holding captured stuff... OK.

Photos of foreign equipment on its own... that is outside the focus of the US Militaria Forum.

Just as a reminder, many of us also participate in the Wehrmacht Awards Forum (which also has a Japanese section as well.) This is a great forum for sharing foreign militaria. Membership rules may apply for certain types of postings.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php

Gil:

Hope this is OK. 84th Division artilleryman with knocked out/ captured German tank in the Bulge

post-701-1316787691.jpg

If I remember correctly, I think you have a stash of some really nice captured flag photos. think.gif

You do remember correctly. but, i have sold a few to my buddy who was willing to pay my asking price for them. :lol:

Carey

You do remember correctly. but, i have sold a few to my buddy who was willing to pay my asking price for them. :lol:

Carey

I hear you Carey, I have sold a few myself.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
gauthieb3sxz
Those are really great photos. In my humble opinion it would make a great subject for a photo book. I know I'd buy a copy.

My friend is actually in the process of putting out a book on photos of GIs with captured German booty - look out for it!

Nice Photos!

Most of the swords, bayonets, daggers are destroyed by the allied forces.

They drive over the stuff with a tank :crying:

My Grandpa Feldwebel Heinz Krull, had a American Colt Government M1911. He Captured the pistol from belgian Forces in 1940.

He had this pistol till his own captivity by russian forces on May 1. 1945 in Halbe near berlin.

Greetings

Stefan

great thread guys!i have a had a number pics like this-some ive sold and a few i still have -Ill try to post them this weekend-

well....on that subject-here are US POWS outside of St Lo in June 1944-

Great photo. Is that a 9th inf division patch I see ? I'm guessing it is as the Varsity arrived in the St Lo area in early july, so if it is near St Lo this would be in sometime in july. In the month of june the Varsity was fighting to the west on the Cotentin Peninsula,they pushed towars the Cotentin Peninsula the day they landed across Utah on D+4.