SON TAY Raid Silver Star Medal Grouping

warpath

SON TAY Raid Silver Star Medal Grouping[/b]...Son Tay Raider SFC Marion S. Howell REDWINE Element......A very humble man who spoke rarely about his actions and awards...I met him a few years ago when he did some work on my store...Sharp individual with a strong sense of purpose and duty and modest.

The gouping is shown with his medals and paperwork and his Green Berets, knife he carried on missions in Vietnam as well as his FOB 1 plaque...I'll post more to my web site with information on the Son Tay Raid with links soon...A very historic grouping IMHO. Ed

Link to images: Son Tay Raider Grouping

post-3653-1316393074.jpg

SON TAY Raid Silver Star Medal Grouping[/b]...Son Tay Raider SFC Marion S. Howell REDWINE Element......A very humble man who spoke rarely about his actions and awards...I met him a few years ago when he did some work on my store...Sharp individual with a strong sense of purpose and duty and modest.

The gouping is shown with his medals and paperwork and his Green Berets, knife he carried on missions in Vietnam as well as his FOB 1 plaque...I'll post more to my web site with information on the Son Tay Raid with links soon...A very historic grouping IMHO. Ed

Link to images: Son Tay Raider Grouping

post-3653-1316393153.jpg

Ed

Very impressive group.I had the honor to meet a Raider.He also had served in WW2 as an Alamo Scout and was part of the group who led the Cabanatuan POW Camp Raid(THE GREAT RAID)

Thanks for postinf.SON TAY Raider items are very scarce.

RD

Ed,

Awesome posting, great piece of SF History, many of them are walking among as not saying a word of what they did the Quiet Professionals. Thank you for sharing.

De Oppresso Liber

Strength and Honor

John

Corpsmancollector

Incredibly historical and a significant grouping to a brave warrior. Son Tay items are rarely seen as Ron said. Thanks for posting!

Will

Nearly speechless. A mind boggling historic grouping. In good hands. I find it a privilege just to look at the items. Thanks for sharing and keep it safe, Sir .....

That's quite an assumption...However, this was a direct purchase from his daughter, Karen...I knew Sgt. Major Howell, but I was not related to him nor was I fortunate enough to be given anything associated with him. Ed

That is a very nice grouping of a soldiers's career.

I have to assume he, or his family gave this to you.

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Absolutely amazing group. Thanks for sharing this with us Ed.

Sorry guys for digging up this old thread.

Regards

Martin