Airborne straps???

Eagleman3

This is my second post of these white cot straps that I found at my local surplus store. I posted the first one in the wrong place. The cot maybe isn't US made. But the straps look pretty close to the pictures in an old thread. The difference is the buckle is black and theres a clip that is folded around the buckle and the rivet goes through the clip and the webbing. I would like to hear what anyone thinks about what I have here. They are close, but I just don't know? Thanks for any replies, ED

post-54063-1316221511.jpg

El Bibliotecario

My intial impression is that the straps might have been stripped from other field gear for resale. I dpn't understand the airborne reference to cot straps...is my GI cot with aluminum frame an airborne model?

My intial impression is that the straps might have been stripped from other field gear for resale. I dpn't understand the airborne reference to cot straps...is my GI cot with aluminum frame an airborne model?

Don't you understand that once an item is pictured being used by a paratrooper its automatically a rare paratrooper artifact?!

Examples: leather riding gloves, engineer wrist compass, A-4 knit cap, aviator parachute first aid kit, m-3 trench knife, Mae West life jacket, etc...

Justin

You have to read the old thread by Allen B. about how the Airborne guys that took the straps off of the cots for better leg straps and such. Thats why I was asking this about the straps i took off of a wooden white cot. Thanks for your reply. ED